A Frame cleaning

RickA

Greetings All

I am looking for suggestions for the cleaning of the A frame and metal undercarriage (?) of van of surface rust and cr-p?

Cheers :helpsmilie:

Rick & Lea

Rick when you do get it clean ,use tyre shine in spray can over whole of chassis, when washing next time dirt ect easily removed. Warning be careful when standing on draw bar as it becomes slippery once sprayed.

Hi Lea & Rick,

I have just been through the many magical formulas for cleaning the drawbar & chassis, mainly to get rid of the etched in red dirt.

Our van is now at the kedron factory having a total reclad, a facelift, so I wanted to make the drawbar & chssis look good. I tried CT18 truckwash ,washing powder, someone even sugested napisan all did not work to the standard I was looking for .

Seeing me frustrated with the whole cleaning the drawbar thing, my good wife Cheryl sugested I try some Jif :laugh: That is not going to work I said, and she said give it a go anyway. To my supprise,with a bit of elbow grease and a good stiff scrubbing brush it came up like new :thumbsup: .

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul I will give the jiff a go.How stiff does my brush have to be?? :clown:

Rick :tongue_ss: