halogen light globes

John and Julie

Hi to all

We have been trying to find a replacement globe for the reading light behind the bed. It is a 12v 10w mini halogen. We have tried caravan spare places, lighting shops, shops like supercheap, coles, bunnings, etc. etc. At one caravan place in Taree the fellow there checked his camec catalogue and couldn't find them there either. The globe that died was on my side of the bed so I have pinched John's-he wants one!!!

many thanks

We are currently living in the van at Forster Beach CP while our house is being built here. Anyone coming through Forster, we would love to have a catch up/happy hour.

Julie & John

LC200 + 20' ATV

Julie & John

I'm not sure what type of globe you have but I think most are the type with the two small pins on the back. That is what we have in our van and we changed from Halogen to LED which uses a lot less power and gives off a white light which is great for reading. The internet is a good place to buy these types of globes. Just type in 12v Accessories or 12v globes and a number of sites should come up and more often the Net is cheaper including delivery. Hope this helps.

King & Deb

Hi John and Julie

We have changed all our halogens for led's

We kept the halogens for emergency spares, which are now taking up space.

If you would like to send us an Email with some details we can send you a couple of our spares.

Regards.

Thanks for the offer Rod & Mavis, but from both the answers we have received I think that we will be moving to LED's too and keeping the one remaining halogen as a spare. Thankfully we only have the two halogens in the van to replace.

I wonder if Kedron is now putting LED's in their caravans when they are building them.

Many thanks again for the offer

Julie

Thanks for the offer Rod & Mavis, but from both the answers we have received I think that we will be moving to LED's too and keeping the one remaining halogen as a spare. Thankfully we only have the two halogens in the van to replace.

I wonder if Kedron is now putting LED's in their caravans when they are building them.

Many thanks again for the offer

Julie

When we had the van built a yar ago we asked Kedron to put dual lights at the couch and at each side of the bed - a halogen as well as an LED. This means if we are on town power we can use the nice warm lights of the halogen; and out bush we can use the less power hungry (and cooler) LED's. I think Kedron may be now doing this for new vans as a matter of course - but it could only be the Top Enders...

Anyway I am glad we did it this way, and top marks to Kedron for listening to what we wanted. Very versatile lights.

Chris