Reece WDH

Ian and Jill Brown

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone that has upgraded from a 100 LC to a 200 LC let me know of any changes that needsto be made to the weight distribution hitch?

I understand that the tow ball is higher, as it comes out of the rear bumper and we have had the 200 kg suspension upgrade done as well (50mm higher o/a).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ian Brown

Hi Ian and Jill

My 200 has the 50mm lift as well and i didnt have to change the head at all only thing I did was turn the head over so the longest bit was facing downwards and adjust to suit my hieghts for the Topender

Regards

Hi Ian,

As Kimbo suggests it is important to turn 'the head' over 180 degrees other wise the tailgate will have an unwanted dent in it the first time you open it.

When I fitted up the WDH to my 200, I turned it over as already mentioned, I was of the opinion that the 'long' part hanging down could potenially cause a problem & foul on rocks or rough ground when off road.

Luckily I had a power hacksaw at work & was able to trim/cut back the 'long' section of the hitch.

While we are talking about Hayman Reese set ups.........

Something I feel I should draw your attention to, I have fitted one of those lockable pins to the set up so no light fingered bugger can pinch it, well recently I had cause to remove the 'hitch'....I was surprised at the amount of wear on the pin....wasnt bad enough to warrant replacement BUT I will certainly be keeping my eye on it. This lockable pin was an aftermarket product.....dont know if the genuine HR pins wear.

CU down the road

No wear on my genuine pin Tony

I havnt had any probs with people tampering with it to date but i have sworn at it some times trying to get it undone so that probably explains why no one has tampered with it :biggrin: :Australia: