Padded Stone Bra - blocks window

Alan and Jayne

G'day all

We have a TopEnder with a front bed, the bedroom window has a Padded Stone Bra that blocks out all light from the bedroom area.

What is the best way to open this stone bra without the window being open, just to let in more light?

At present we tuck ours up under the bra, but this is messy & I'm not sure if its good practice.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Alan & Jayne

Hi Alan and Jayne

:thumbsup: I placed some sticky velcro on the van above the bra and some velcro aligned on the bra window. Just unzip the window and press the velcro together.

I also silicone sprayed the zips to make life easier. Occasionally I have removed the whole bra and given it a good wash behind and silicone sprayed where it slides along the rails.

A lot of rain, moisture and dust does build up behind the bra.

Hope this helps

Reg and Fran

Alan and Jayne,

We haven't done it, but I believe that you can pull the bra out and put it in upside down. The flap than goes down and doesn't need to be held up. I guess that if you did this it would just be a matter of rolling the flap up and holding with a peg of some sort to prevent it flapping in the breeze you could just leave it hanging.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Hi Alan & Jayne ,java script:emoticon(':helpsmilie:', 'smid_5')

We have had 2 straps fitted to the bra that enable us to under-roll the flap & then secure it up with the straps.the straps have a metal eyelet at the end which is slotted over a securing pin.

I mention under rolling as the foam padded tends to degrade quickly in the weather .

Love Laurie & Helen's idea that is a winner - again just ensure the foam is not exposed to the weather for lengthy stints. Hope that helps

Cheers

Ellejava script:emoticon(':smile:', 'smid_11')

• 3 weeks later...