200 Series Landcruiser Wagon - Tyres

bullfighter

Hi

We have just upgrade our Landcruiser 100 series to the 200 series Wagon to suit our 19 ft Topender

Kedron. We are looking to replace the tyres with BF Goodridge 285/70r17 can anyone assist us, not sure about these any feed back would be appreciated.

Cheers

Vince & Angie

Hi Vince & Angie,

I currently running BFG AT's on my 200 series & I am very happy with the performance & wear. :thumbsup:(regular rotation very important) If your 200 series is new it will probably pay you to wear out the Grantreks before buying the BFG's as you will probably not get much in the way of a trade in on them even though they are new....but shop around you may get a good deal!

CU down the road

G'Day Vince,

If your talking about the tyres rubbing /scrapping on the inner guard or wheel arches, NO this doesnt happen. Even when off road without the van on extreme body roll & wheel articulation there is no rubbing or scrapping of the tyres on body parts.

This tyre size & pattern is a very popular selection for the 200 series, can I suggest in your travels you have a yarn to other 200 series owners about their choice & any possible problems they have encountered. :thumbsup:

CU down the road

PS Hey Kimbo you have these fitted on your tug any problems?

sorry

Tony I dont have the BF Goodrich fitted I stuck with the original size 285/65/17 in a Yokohama Geolander they are a good tyre and after doing the Gibb and Tanami with them suffered no chips or cuts and I did get a 100% 20000 klm warranty and pro rata for the remainder of tires life (this would be yoko's interpretation of life ) in writing from the dealer and they were aware of where I was heading also.

The BFG's were too dear at the time when I was looking around up around the $450 to $500 a corner mark as much as I do like the BFG's that was just to dear for them

Hi Vince,

just a little bit of advice ensure you carry out regular wheel alignment as the 200 series has a bad habit of sagging in the front end! Chews the outer edges of the front tyres and that was from day one!! I have watched our 200 series drop in the front over the last eighteen months Toyota won`t do anything about is as they feel its acceptable!!! We are in the process of changing the front springs once I have fitted a new ARB bull bar and winch hopefull I will never need to use the winch!

Rick.