Sagging AL-KO springs

Zolle

At a little over 2/12 yrs and about 30,000km old the springs on my XC2 AL-KO rocker roller suspension have deflections nearly twice that quoted by AL-KO for the load involved.

The problem the sagging springs caused was for the tyres to hit the wheel guards bending them and splitting the seals against the wheel arches/walls.

Has anyone else experienced this excessive sagging springs problem on not very old vans?

As a result of complete indifference by AL-KO who say that is about what to normally expect I have now ordered a new Australian made suspension from SA that will fit straight on to the existing mountings.

I have received comments about tests that have been carried out on AL-KO springs and mounting bolts that are not good.

Kedron have been kept fully informed with details and photographs of the problem offering their assistance if needed and have endorsed my decision.

Cheers

Hi

It would be beneficial to know what load rating the springs are and the actual weight of your van.

Some off road camper trailer manufacturers have no idea as they fit up 1200kg springs for one that's plated max 750kg and the owners wonder why it bounces around :confused:

Cheers

Darryl

Hi

It would be beneficial to know what load rating the springs are and the actual weight of your van.

Some off road camper trailer manufacturers have no idea as they fit up 1200kg springs for one that's plated max 750kg and the owners wonder why it bounces around :confused:

Cheers

Darryl

Springs 8 leaf x 60 mm x 6 mm rated at 1800 - 2000kg per side pair by AL-KO

Van weight at the time of measurement about 2700kg, ie full tanks but no personal stuff and food,

Weigh bridge GTM 2830kg

Plate rating of axles 2 x 2600kg.

Cheers

John