how to clean the screen mesh part of windows

John and Julie

Hi to all

We have recently moved into our new home in Forster after six months living in the van at Forster Beach Caravan Park-great spot by the way-and want to give the van a real 'spring clean'.

Lots of the mesh screen part of the window shades in the van has blackish areas on it. They don't wipe off and I am not sure what I can use to remove the discolouration-it doesn't look good at all. The marks don't appear to be mould but I could be wrong there.

Can I use a bleach type product such as napisan or would that destroy the mesh? Would we have to take the windows out to clean the mesh or can they be wiped down in place without damaging them?

Thought I would ask here first before bothering the good people at Kedron. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Julie

:confused1: Hi Juilie

Sorry, I do not have a remedy. But certainly would like to hear about the 'solution' 'cos know doubt our window mesh will eventually need a clean.

I have had to remove the mesh from the fantastic hatch and the 4seasons hatch to clean properly.

The Dometic mob should be able to advise.

Hope you achieve success.

Reg and Fran

In the past we've unscrewed the inside fittings and cleaned the frame and insect screen at the same time. Although I scrubbed and soaked with preen etc, I still couldn't get rid of the pink tinge caused by red dust. We've opted to replace the screens with dark coloured midge screen. Looks good, doesn't show the dirt and is tighter down the edges than our tired white ones.

:thumbsup: Here are some very detailed and easy to follow instructions on how to replace the screens. Thanks to Lawrie and his dreampod website. :thumbsup: I sewed mine along the pocket to ensure they stayed in place.

http://www.dreampod.net/boroma/dometic_windows.html

best wishes

Tom & Jackie

Hi Julie

We have taken the inside section of the window out and cleaned the screens with Nappisan a couple of times now. Leave the nappisan on for a minute or two a light scrub then rinse with fresh water and your screens will be as good as new. The other advantage of pulling the inner frame out is that you can service the whole unit.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

See you on the road regards Adam and Lynda

Hi all,

We have had success using a 'pump pack' with warm water & bleach/detergent mix, spray on leave a few minutes then wash off with warm water in another 'pump pack'.

Hope this helps

CU down the road