Kedron ATV sullage hoses

Beejay

Hi to all, we are in the process of buying our second new Kedron swapping :laugh: our 2002 XC pop top for a new 21 ft (external) ATV and we are wondering how other Kedron ownere have attacked the problem of three sullage hose outlets with one in the rear and two in the front. Kedron have advised that joining the washing machine and the sink will cause the washing machine to backup into the sink when emptying.

Hi there Beejay,

We have the same 21' ATV and had Kedron supply the sullage hoses. We have one hose with a tee piece for the sink and shower/wash basin and another separate hose for the washing machine which we don't use nearly as often.

Regards

Beejay,

As Mayzee suggested, on our van we use a seperate hose for the washing machine and connect the sink and shower through one outlet hose joined by a tee piece. It would be just as easy to use three seperate hoses though.

cheers

:shades: Hi Beejay

We have been using the frontloader ( one month )on synthetic 30deg. and have had it connected to the twin pipe that shares with the sink. Our hose runs without restriction ( flat, slightly down hill) into a sullage point. Maybe, our settings may have some influence on the amount of waste water pumped out . And also many van sites the sullage pipe often has to go up and down over surfaces including the concrete edge on the sullage drain. With this in mind,we have not had any backflow into the sink.

We also do not have it running unless one of us is at the van. We dread having any fault occur with the machine, which so far has been excellent in its' performance.(Dometic WMD1050)

When on the road we have often only used the one hose and shifted it to the desired outlet point because we found all the hoses a hassle to pack and store daily.(lazy!!)

Safe travels

Reg and Fran

Hi Beejay,

We use the separate hose for the washing machine as Kedron have suggested. Apparently, if all connected and the hose gets blocked, the washer will pump all the water into the path of least resistence which would be the sink or the shower tray.

Regards

Chris

Thanks everyone for your input. We pick up our new ATV on 19 August so I will look at your suggestions. It is most unlikely that all three will be operating at the same time. I'm all for not carrying too many hoses.

Regards

Brian & Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Beejay,

We have connected all four outlets into one discharge point and have had no problem with water backing up.

I have joined the hoses from the kitchen and washing machine and laid them in an aluminium channel fixed to the chassis with a slight fall to the rear. I have then connected this hose with a fabricated "Y" piece (not "T" piece) to the hose from the basin and shower. The Y piece takes all outlets out to the right rear of the van.

Thanks to all you good people for your advice. I have joined the washing machine to the sink as we will never use them both at the same time and when we use teh shower I will simply transfer the sullage hose. We are off in a few days for a trip out West them down to Northern NSW this will give us a chance to test out the new van and see how the re-arranged sullage system works.

Regards

Brian & Dawn