Internal Fridge Vent

Beejay

Hi to all,

I am a newcomer to the Kedron Owners Group but have owned a Kedron sinse early 2002. Since then we have travelled many outback roads and anyone who has travelled on our dusty outback roads is well aware of the dust that sneaks into the van through the external fridge vent. Many of us have used a number of different methods to stop the intrusion of this annoying nuisance such as taping over the vent. I understand that some of the Bushtracker owners have started to internally vent the fridges and then completely close off the external vent thereby completely eliminating dust intrusion from this souce. If this works then it could have some benefits.

I have no idea how this works or the amount of work involved or even whether it is successful. Has anyone had any experience in this area ?

Cheers,

Brian & Dawn

:smile: Hi Brian & Dawn this is David & Sharyn we have had our XC 20' external for 5 years now and Sharyn claims it has been places a car wouldn't have gone. With the fridge vent all we do is clean it out vacum out the dust in the cooling vent and in the comperment no fuss our fridge has never been above setting 3 only after Sharyn has defrosted the fridge rest of the time it sits on 2 still nice & cold We spend a lot of our time in the dust currently in Mt Surprise Qld for the Tourist Season prior to this we were at Birdsville last year for the Tourist season so we're around dust all the time