noise from front boot

John and Julie

Hi to all.

After a bit of help and/or advice again. We now have the van on its pad next to the house and it is plugged into the 15amp power point. Just in the van cleaning and there is a quite loud humming noise coming from the front boot. We have noticed it before, very faintly and not continuously, earlier this year at Forster caravan park, but it is now quite loud. The inverter is not turned on, so can't be that. My next guess is the charger. Is this normal or does it mean that the charger is on the way out? Is it from something else? This noise would be very annoying at night as we have a front bed and the noise and what seems to be a vibration seems to be coming right from under the head of the bed.

Has anyone else had this problem?

We are heading for Millmerran at the end of September and would like to get this relatively minor (hopefully) problem sorted before then.

Any advice would be very gratefully received and much appreciated.

Cheers

Julie

Alan & Liz,

Apologies for posting a reply with a different subject, but was not able to PM you.

I notice you have a Range Rover to tow a 19'6" van. We are thinking about getting a similar size van and not sure about what tow vehicle to get. Am interested in either the Disco 3.0 TDV6 or the RR Sport TDV8, however... I understand that that Land Rover recommends a WDH is not used because of the self-adjusting suspension? And, that if a WDH is used that it will negate the LR warranty? Has this proved to be an issue with you?

Regards, Phil.

Hi Julie

as Laurie has advised, Glen also turns off the charger when on 240v especially since our bed is right next to it. I don't usually notice it til Glen points it out - then it can be very annoying.

We actually saw your van at the park at Forster when we were heading to Myall Lakes earlier in the year, did knock but no-one was home, so look forward to meeting you at Millmerran.

Cheers

Deb & Glen

Alan & Liz,

Apologies for posting a reply with a different subject, but was not able to PM you.

I notice you have a Range Rover to tow a 19'6" van. We are thinking about getting a similar size van and not sure about what tow vehicle to get. Am interested in either the Disco 3.0 TDV6 or the RR Sport TDV8, however... I understand that that Land Rover recommends a WDH is not used because of the self-adjusting suspension? And, that if a WDH is used that it will negate the LR warranty? Has this proved to be an issue with you?

Regards, Phil.

Hi Phil,

There has been no problems in not using a WDH, the air suspension is excellent as it levels the car and van up perfectly and the van tows very well.

Another good thing about the air suspension is when used with a rear camera on the car it makes hitching and unhitching a breeze. Just backup under the hitch, push the up button and the car comes up hitches up without leaving the drivers seat and all without have an argument with the wife.

Cheers Alan

Many thanks for all the advice. I checked in the boot and the charger was humming and vibrating along merrily-it will be turned off at night when we are away from now on!! Happy now that I know the charger is not on the way out. The noise only started in May, and then only faintly and was hardly noticeable, but I can hear it now as soon as I step into the van.

Deb and Glen. Sorry we missed you in Forster, but look forward to meeting you both at Millmerran.

Cheers

Julie

Hi John & Julie,

I was a bit concerned at your comment that you could hear the charger when you stepped into the van,it certainly should not be that loud.Perhaps you should have it checked for piece of mind. :confused:

We will also catch up with you at Millmerran.

Cheers

Rick & Lea :thumbsup: