Chequerplate cleaning woes'

J Kelly

Hi Col & Debbie,

Just a quick question on the product "Diggers rust and stain remover". Our Bunninging store here in Townsville has received this product in but I was hesitant to buy any after reading the label on the product saying "not to be used on meatl work". So I ask the question - why is everyone using this on their metal work when the product clearly states not too. Have you had any trouble in any way with using yours. The sales rep from Russco here in Townsville advised against it as he said it contains Oxalic Acid which will clean it up but eventually take the shine off the plate which will be hard to restore.What is your opinion and how long or how many times have you used it.

Regard

Richard Sheppard

G'Day Richard,

I've used the Diggers product, see earlier post in this topic, VERY happy with the results... not aware of any dulling in the chequerplate. I didnt use it on the colourbond cladding though, as I was worried about a possible residue staying in the 'overlaps' where the sheets join together. I used a weak solution with a scubbing brush to clean the plastic external fridge, washing machine & microwave vents almost look new now!

You will be amazed at the results if you use it on your chassis... I mixed up a stronger solution for this worked sooooooooo well. I must also add I have a gerni so that will add to the finished job.

Hi Gang

I have been using Purple Polish on both Kedies over about 5 yrs.now, and I am very happy with the result.After washing the van with truck wash I dry it off and Polish the Cheqer.checker, cheqke ,, shiny stuff :blink: .about every 6 months.You rub it on with a soft cloth in small sections then rub it off roughly then polish it off with a clean cloth.It is easier if you do a panel at a time.For some reason? it does not work on the shower floor.

Cheers and a Merry Xmas and a Great New year and SAFE travels to every body.

Rick & Lea

• 2 years later...

Even though I have dried the shower after use, it has a small amount of mould under the sealant. I was going to try bleach but was worried it would stain the checkerplate. Any suggestions? (What does "Temporarily Moderated" mean?

G`Day Barney

Welcome to the KOG forum.Bleach will not kill mold,it just gets rid of the top layer which will quickly grow back. Try several layers off cleaning vinegar,with a couple of hours between each layer. If that doesn`t work you will probably have to cut,scrape,dynamite!? the sealant off and re-apply new.We have been members off KOG for about 7yrs. now and I have also wondered what temp.Mod. means. :huh:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

G`Day Barney

Welcome to the KOG forum.Bleach will not kill mold,it just gets rid of the top layer which will quickly grow back. Try several layers off cleaning vinegar,with a couple of hours between each layer. If that doesn`t work you will probably have to cut,scrape,dynamite!? the sealant off and re-apply new.We have been members off KOG for about 7yrs. now and I have also wondered what temp.Mod. means. :huh:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Going back to checker plate

I Now use Zephyr Pro 40 I find it the best of all the others I have tried (purple plus many others )

About $30.00 for 32 fl oz made in USA I have done van twice and still have over half bottle left..

Just Google Zephyr Pro 40 order on line have in a few days..