Cafe Dinette

Mr Wato

Hi All

We have a 21" Topender with a cafe dinette, when we bought the van it was in stock so we took it. we are now going to have the dinette taken out and put in L shaped lounge with removable table. Does anyone have a L shaped lounge ?, Are there any pro's and con's for this ?,

We are also going to take off the padded cover over the front window and replace it with a lift up cover that will cover most of the front window area, the reason for this is we like to sleep with the window open and if it rains the frame fills with water and then runs in the van ..will post some pic's when completed.

Thanks in advance

Phil & Darlene

That's interesting about the rain filling the frame and then running in the van. Does anyone else have this issue with their padded covers?

I wonder if you could have some drain holes fitted as an option?

Hi Phil,

Am thinking about a Nosecone myself... The most obvious advantage would be fuel economy, but I suspect it would also assist in reducing dust inside the van.

John

Hi Phil and Darlene

We had a L Shape Dinette, as we live in our van and have done so for the last 3 years, we found that while watching TV only one of us could get comfortable eg. back rest and feet up, while the other was perched on the end of the L shape. So it was a fight for position when it came to TV time. So I ripped out the L Shape and installed a cafe dinette, that was 2 years ago and we are very happy with it, no more fights. :biggrin:

And also I can look directly at my beautiful wife as I eat my dinner. :laugh:

Cheers Paul