Spare Wheel covers

Disappointingly Kedron advised me they no longer supply spare wheel covers. The cover fitted to our 2007 ATV has lasted well, but the cover we bought (Supercheap?) at the same time for our 100 Series has fallen to bits. Thought I’d get one from Kedron but no go. Does anyone know where we can get one that lasts.

Robert & Jane

Hi Guys

ARB sell a spare wheel cover that is also a dirty gear bag, we have 2 and keep the smelly sullage hoses in one and water hoses in the other..

good luck

Phil

post-1028-0-97857500-1307619550_thumb.jp

Robert and Jane,

We have Bushranger covers and so far they are holding up OK, agree not as good as the original ones supplied on earlier vans by Kedron. We did find a site on the internet that had very good quality covers and after getting some prices decided that it was better to buy standard covers and replace them when they give up the ghost.

cheers

Hi Robert and Jane

For a number of years now I have been going to my local upholsterer and having him make my tyre covers for me. I provide him a tyre and rim, he measures and makes to size out of the same material used on ute tonneau covers, he will put different coloured piping in if I request. Because of the quality of the material they outlast store bought ones by many years. I also have them sign written which is a waste of money on the store bought ones. Just be sure you get them to put a round eyelet at the bottom, this allows any moisture that gets in to escape. I think the last one cost me $75.00 from memory with white piping, I am sure it would be less without the piping, but I think it adds a bit of class.

Regards

John

We bought our covers from this company, I must say they are absolutely excellent to deal with.

They advised us of every process through to delivery, very courteous staff.

/>http://www.4wdwheelcovers.com.au/

Cheers

Hi. I have used the "Rucksacker" Wheel cover which also acts as a storage bag. Great for wet gear , hoses, dirty tarps etc. Strongin construction. Google Rucksacker . they are base in Redland Qld

:) Hope this helps

Hi Robert and Jane, have only just joined because i noticed your posting re spare wheel covers for Kedron. Cliff and I were at the Caravan and Camping show last Friday and Cliff asked Barry Gall at Kedron stand about a cover for the wheel. Barry said they do still make them but have to be ordered. We need a new one as it is 10 years old and getting a bit ragged under the spare. Contact them on 07 33503333. The camping show winds up today. You do need to get the correct size and the KEDRON logo looks better on a Kedron van, hey?

I read with interest the comment that Kedron can still get the wheel covers .. but they have to order them.

A couple of years ago we went to the factory to get new ones and were told they were no longer available. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

We are still using ours which are hanging on by a wing and a prayer aftr 8 years in the sun.

Hi there, you may also want to look at Black Widow suppliers who supply a soft quarter wheel cover with storage bin, which is useful for all of the dirty and wet items that you don't want to carry in the car or van. We have had ours for several years now and it has lasted well and been great.

• 2 weeks later...

At the time of starting this thread we really didn’t think there would be so much interest in spare wheel covers, thanks to all.

In response to Heather and Kedron308 we again contacted Kedron and insisted that reception confirm with Glenn what the position was. We were told that Kedron used to manufacture the covers themselves (not order in) when they had two upholsterers but now only have one so don’t have the capacity to make them.

We have now ordered a new cover through the link Havago supplied. We have gone for plain black at a cost of $69+ $15.45 postage. As Havago said they were most helpful, no detail was too much, thank you.

Robert & Jane

Sorry about the lead on Kedron Wheel covers. We had asked at the Caravan Show in Brisbane and this week we happened to call at Kedron's Used Van display centre at Kedron, talked to Jan and she said 'not making them at the moment as there's just not enough time for the upholsterer to keep up with them. Maybe later on. Heather

You could purchase a 'plain' wheel cover from the crowd that Greg (Havago) suggested http://www.4wdwheelcovers.com.au/

..... then get Kedron to screen print it....just a thought. OR with Glens blessing ask him for suitable artwork then supply it to the same crowd as previously mentioned & get them to do the whole job.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

For those interested in tyre covers, I followed Tony's recommendation and they are a good product.

Very pleased with the quality of the goods and workmanship.

I have two of them on my new ATV2.

The company is very prompt, easy to deal with & well priced.

Cheers

Gary