Weather Gauges for the Vans Feature Wall

Gary and Kaye

Hi Folks,

We are wanting to install in the new van a set of weather gauges or a digital unit that would display the weather conditions.

So far the exercise has not gone well. We chose a board mounted set of three gauges only to find they were not registering the weather changes.

This was replaced, I again calibrated only those gauges that required such with the local weather station and they too failed.

Do any Koggers have a weather station in there van or one at home which would be suitable for our purpose.

Brand names, website, pic's would be great.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Gary & Kaye

Hello Tony & Wendy,

Appreciate the 'Pointer'. It's a bit up market on that site, but was worth a try. Thanks.

I have a digital unit at home which has a small remote sensor, works well for weather forcasting of up to 72hrs, it's uncanny the accuracey of this unit.

Saw a very nice digital unit at the Caravan & Camping Show. Could pay Jacar a vist, and ask Kedron to wire it in.

Looking for something nice, with character and style.

Hope all is well in your patch.

Cheers

Gary Kaye

Hi Gary & Kaye

I am surprised that nobody has suggested this idea as yet,but we have a 6inch piece of string which we hang out of door when camped .When it is wet it is raining. when it sticks straight out it is windy. If it has a shadow on it, generally means sun is out.But you get my drift.The beauty of this system is that is economical to run (no complicated electronic parts)and can be easily replaced with any old string.

Now I will go and take my meds. and lay down for a while. :lol:

Cheers

Rick B)

Hello Rick & Lea,

You Navy guys are always playing around with your ropes & string.

I tried to updated years ago by asking Kaye to go out and do the same as the string.

Mmm, Can't say much more on that matter, really. It's called self preservation.

However, "Do You Want A Job":rolleyes:

Where are you guys hiding at the moment, I hope not in Northern NSW.......:(

Keep your powder dry.

Safe Travels

Gary & Kaye

Gary and Kaye,

Try this link http://www.weatherdownunder.net.au/

They might have someting that fits your requirements.

Rick I guess your string is a little wet at the moment, hope you guys are high and dry.

cheers

Hi Chaps & Chapeses

Yes, unfortunately we are in the Kempsey region about 16ks. out at Sherwood.It has been a very "interesting" week.We were flooded in for about 5 days but we survived.We were just running out of food and wine.Owing to Woolies ringing us on Wed.morning and telling us they could not deliver our order because of the floods."bugger"!The people we feel most for are Steve & Kerry who arrived here on the Sat. arvo. They were going to use our place as a base to tour the surrounding area but Mother Nature said I don`t think so. They had to spend the week with us as all roads were closed.They are a great couple and we had a weeks worth of good company and several Happy hours.The roads finally opened on Fri.just in time for them to head home and back to work 'Double Bugger' :(

Now back to the original Question.We have a weather station with a separate outside monitor. the main inside monitor gives inside/outside temps, humidity,moon phases and time.also tells you when your wine glass is empty. (I made that last one up :wacko:)We purchased it on dealsdirect.com for about $50 some months ago.Also shows date and time and weather icons.

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Well what can I say, Kez & I have come to the conclusion that we don't need weather gauges in our van as we just know when we use it ....... it's going to rain.

So far we are at a 100% strike rate.

We are removing the spare wheels and fitting a couple of outboard motors and makin ourselves a Kedron houseboat......... Ship Ahoy.........swab them decks

Lea & Rick, we are finally home, we had a couple of nice days bush camping at Hawks Nest(No rain)on the way back.

We would like to thank you guys for putting us up for the week. It was great to meet & get to know you guys. I hope we can return the favour (without the rain and flooding of coarse)when you head down this way in July.

Thanks Guys