Kimbo's 200 Series

Kimbo

Hi Everyone

Kimbo has just signed up for A NEW twin turbo Landcruiser due for delivery approximately Thursday

:biggrin:

If anyone is looking for a 200 series immediate delivery with a big discount contact me and I will let you in on the details approx 7 left in stock deals only available for the month of January

(personal email or phone preferred) :thumbsup:

So if anyone is looking for a well maintained 100 series I have one for sale but I have to get it home (Newcastle) from Mackay first and will be available for pick up from Newcastle approx Febuary.

Base Model 1hz with aftermarket safari/intercooled turbo 145000 klm,Mandrell bent 3" exhaust.Safari Snorkle, ARB winch compatible deluxe Bullbar (no winch,)dual wheel carrier Kaymar rear Bar,TJM XGS heavy duty suspension with polyair Bags ,rear drawer system ARB deluxe sidesteps,wired up with brake controller and anderson plug vehicle was built up as a touring car with van towing in mind.

If not sold will be stripped back to standard and all standard equipment refitted and therefore I will have some very good aftermarket equipment available to sell seperately

Contact me on mobile 0407018276 if interested to discuss further and pics are available if needed

Kimbo ask the dealer if there is any savings eg luxury tax and stamp duty by registering as a 2 seat commercial. vehicle would need to be re complied (cost $170 here in Adelaide ). Are you buying in Mackay?

Hi Brian

Yes I am Buying from Mackay toyota and will be delivered by Thursday

I dont know if i could save by re complying but the taxes are Horrendous but still not as bad as NSW

Daz

Yes it will be hard and as you know i do like things to be simple

this one actually has only 2 pedals NOW thats going to be hard to get use too

but has a BIG donk now that I am looking forward too :thumbsup:

Kimbo. following on from our phone conversation yes time was against you, however the deal you have struck is a good one. you will soon get use to the 2 pedal driving especially in traffic. and with the grunt from the motor you won't notice the boat,van,trailer,concrete mixer and the portable loo in tow on your first trip.

look forward to reports on how you find it performing in the months ahead.

Brian

Not a problem Brian I will be keeping some accurate records from the very start.And Im sure Dazmit will be watching over my shoulder if he can keep up in the 100 series as he has volunteered to drive that home to Brissy for me :biggrin:

Just hoping that there will be no holdups with delivery as I want to try and get a few K,s on the clock before I hook up the Topender for the trip home.

Hooley Dooley!

Kimbo, you have far to much time on your hands but congrats anyway.

Christine and I are currently settling for a full detail of MADOG - at least it will be a bit shinier.

We will be very interested in your findings as eventually we to will be upgrading to a 200 gizmo. Must check out the pricing at Mackay (in fact all up the east coast might be the go) when we are that way later in the year.

Unfortunately it seems that every new GXL released becomes less 4WD friendly and more Toorak Tractor inclined however there isn't much else out there in that price/reliability/versatility range to compete with. What is the situation with accessories, bull bars, wheel carrier rear step bars etc? Is there much of a range available yet?

Given there is only the 2 peddle option and heaps of grunt it will make life towing a TE very easy.

Enjoy the new toy for soon it will get dirty and then it becomes a workhorse.

Regards and dammit ... yes I am jealous! :shutup:

Roger

Kimbo,

I have heard that the new 200 series is having trouble with not changing into 6th gear until reaching speeds of about 100 to 110 kms per hour. Will this affect its pulling power with our big rigs?

Chris

PS Yes, I am jealous too. Not only a nice Top Ender but also a new car!!

Hi Roger

The deal was too good to refuse and I had no idea that I would be buying a new car when we left home early January.

accessories at the moment are a Bullbar (winch type) by TJM and that is it LOL, other than the toyota accesories which look horrible IMO

I checked all that out yesterday which is OK as it gives me time to sort the 100 out ready for sale same with tyres only 2 available at the moment and they are Yokohamas and Bridgestone and trade in they offered was crap so I will stick with grandpukes for a while.

I remember when the 100 come out everyone was saying they were soft and all plastic but didnt take long for opinions to change there and as I get a bit older/young old :biggrin: I find that the real hard stuff doesnt interest me that much anymore but I like the power of the new truck and yes it will be a work horse by the time we reach Newcastle again in a few weeks

Toooooooo BLOODY hot and humid here me skin leaks all day.

Chris

Yes I knew of this issue and I did check this out during the test drive and it didnt change upto 6th gear till around about the 110klm or there abouts.

I have also read a thread on another forum re this 6th gear and it was quite long and detailed and did give some insight that this may not be the case but time will tell and was a good read

Cant remember where I saw it but could have been explore oz or the 200 series group when I find it I will post a link here but probably wont do that till I get home as I am restricted on my data plan for surfing.

After a test drive of the 200 series Chris you will understand that the pulling power will not be compromised they have plenty.

Toyota have my 100 series at the moment changing the brake controller over and have loaned me a brand new Camry to drive around in, feels like my bum is draggin along the rd

have been informed 2pm Fri is pick up time

Hey Kimbo

Keep us up to date with your thoughts, problems, likes and dislikes with the new 200.

We are relying on you to do the testing for us. We await your comments over the next few months before we decide if we should order one when we get back to Queensland in a few months time.

Posting from Peterborough VIC

"And Im sure Dazmit will be watching over my shoulder if he can keep up in the 100 series as he has volunteered to drive that home to Brissy for me"

I thought I volunteered to drive the 200 series back to Brissy :confused:

Re the 6th gear overdrive if you look at the specs 4th gear is 1:1, 5th is 0.728 which is about normal for a overdriveand 6th is 0.588 which is like a super overdrive. Since overdrive gears are notoriously weak you would be very brave and have plenty of money for a gearbox rebuild if you wanted to tow in 6th in my opinion. I would think that 6th would only be good for very flat or downhill roads with no weight.

Cheers

Darryl

Hi Jody

Hows it all goin ??

And yes it looks like Im going to be the guinea pig but there could be others :pray:

I really do feel positive re this new car just the test drive between the ute single turbo and the wagon was enough even the son commented re the difference and how mum would feel between the 2 cars the ute just didnt make the grade and who can go against a sons decision :laugh:

Darryl,

Don't let Kimbo get away with making you drive the 100 back - the thing will be stripped by then! Besides, if you can score the 200 you might also score a TE! :thumbsup:

The gear ratios look good to me and I wouldn't be concerned about the 6th gear issue that has popped up. I've always said it should have another gear (overdrive), but I guess it will have limited use while towing anyway, but the 5th gear should end up being used on the flat with that much grunt. I've heard it learns your driving style, but what's wrong with towing a 3.5t TE at 130kph anyway? :biggrin: The torque and the power is there, so you've got to use it some time!

I'd be interested to see some fuel economy figures towing, so I'll be interested in what Kimbo says when he gets into Brissie.

As Kimbo knows, he has got me thirsty, and I've been talking to his dealer. All I can say is the price is VERY good and watch this space - a V8 100 series (manual) is likely to be up for sale VERY soon! Any takers?

David

Unfortunately David it looks like I'll be stuck with the poverty pack 100 series - hope Kimbo leaves the MP3 player in it !!

Might see you on the same flight to Mackay huh - :biggrin:

From what I've read the auto is an adaptive gearbox like Mitsubishi have been using for years in that it monitors your driving style and adjusts shift points to suit - ie race it around like the motoring journos and it will hang onto the gears longer etc - hence not upshifting into 6th until higher speed, potter around with it like normal drivers and it will upshift earlier.

With all that grunt there is no excuse for 200 series drivers to be holding up traffic towing their vans at 85 km/hr :thumbsup:

Cheers

Darryl

One of the things I really like about this forum is the sharing of information! I never cease to be amazed at everyone's technical knowledge - especially Darryl's.

I can see the 6th gear matter is a non-issue.

Eric and Jody - wow, you are really covering some distance! We are still at Nuriootpa, where this morning it is 14 degrees in the van!

Chris

Sorry for the little hi-jack guys.

We are well Kimbo. Met a couple at Port Fairy VIC the other day with an 8 month old TE. They are still as excited as they were the day they brought it out of the factory I think. After looking inside/outside yours Kim and theirs, I sure am getting more and more interested in getting one. Actually saw a purple one recently going the opposite direction recently, interesting.

We have been told that Kedron are not taking any for orders as they are 18 months behind. Anyone know if this is correct?

Yes Chris and Val we are travelling farily fast a the moment. Want to pack as much into the last 8 weeks as we can. We will be only stopping for short periods at a time at selected places to see what we can. Its a bugger being on the timetable we are on now. Never mind, after Easter our time is our own again.

Cheers

Jody

Jody if you need someone to spend your money come to me Im good at it :thumbsup: Just ask Ned

We are so happy with the topender and the only problem we had was with the air con as you know I was trying to sort that out when we caught up at Daly Waters, was a minor problem that the drain hole was clogged up with dirt which I dont reckon had anything to do with where I had been :biggrin:

I can tell you that the aircon is copping a hiding up here in Mackay at the moment we should leave here on fri next week and head down south calling into Yeppoon and hitting Brissy about Sat or Sun.

Looking forward to the drive actually with some real grunt under the foot will keep some accurate records so I can pass them onto everyone

Dont forget if ya passing thru newcastle to look us up