Tassie Info required

Steve and Kez

Hello All,

Kez and I are starting our big loop once we get through Christmas. We are kicking it off with Tassie. We are thinking we might be there 4-6 weeks starting the 2nd week in Feb.

I am sure you guys will be a wealth of knowledge and will be able to tell us all the "MUST SEE's". We would be greatfull for any info that can help us plan a great trip.

Thanks Guys

Our friends has just booked to go over to Tassie they wanted to go early November but couldn't get onto the boat with their 21foot custom off roader until December they needed to be back by Easter for a huge geocaching event in Albury and found that March was booking out fast for the return. I guess the point of that whole statement is that you need to get in and book early when you have an oversized load. Don't forget the school holidays too.

We loved Tassis when we were there a few years back - six weeks is a minimum to see all the sights, I have my thinking cap on to narrow a list of must sees if I had to select a few.

Steve,

If you click on our blog at the bottom of our signature and than click on "older posts" you will eventually get to our Tassie trip which we did with our XC pop top. This was a couple of years ago and in January.

Have a great trip, we headed west from Devonport.

cheers

Hello,

Allow at least six weeks. We were there February/March this year. One of the highlights for us was visiting Ledgerwood to see the wood carvings of the locals that went to WW1. It was free. Ledgerwood is east of Scottsdale. We did not see this town in toursit brochures but heard about it by word of mouth. The other great attraction to visit was The Wall, near Derwent bridge. It was amazing.

Sandra

Greetings all.

We did the loop of Tassie starting Feb this year for two months.

We turned right off the ferry and attacked the west coast first.

We found two months so inadequate that we are heading back November 2012 for about 7 months to enjoy a steady trip with lots of fishing, cray fish,scallops and oyster eating :rolleyes:

It is very hard to give advice for short trips but we are sure that you will enjoy the experience.When you hit Sheffield be absolutely sure to buy a meal at the Chinese restaurant and ice creamery. Two of the best Asian meals that we have had since living in Singapore.The free camp there is great and you are not far from Cradle Mountain.

There are lots of free camps and most of the Island is extremely RV friendly and has great fresh produce everywhere.

In Hobart, the Show ground is a good central camp and if you are CMCA members you get a $4 a day discount.

If you have some time have a search through our blog starting Jan 2011 and you might see something that interests you. http://travellin.kyd.com.au

We are both sure that you will love the experience.

Cheers and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Kez and I are starting our big loop once we get through Christmas. We are kicking it off with Tassie. We are thinking we might be there 4-6 weeks starting the 2nd week in Feb.

I am sure you guys will be a wealth of knowledge and will be able to tell us all the "MUST SEE's". We would be greatfull for any info that can help us plan a great trip.

Thanks Guys