Van Heating

Evo

Hi All

I'm planning to install a heater in my 07 ATV but don't know weather to go diesel or gas?I'm leaning towards gas as I feal it may be easier to install.Any comments for or against either would be greatly appreciated.

Noel.

G'day Noel,

How are the mirrors? :D

My van has a diesel heater, great performance, two outlets one in the van one in the ensuite, economy is fantastic ....never had gas heating in a van so I cant do a comparison.

There are some negatives though with diesel heaters, the fuel pump, continual ticking from the pump whilst operating.... the pump in my van is mounted underneath the van below the bed, tick tick tick very obvious when first turned on .....but you do get used to it after a few minutes. Operational noise inside the van is minimal.... but outside in a quiet environment say first thing in the morning or late at night operational noise outside is surprisingly loud.... something I'm aware of if there are others nearby....but on the whole these negatives are far outweighed by the performance of the diesel unit. it is great to be able to programme it to come on first thing in the morning. Consider mounting the control unit beside your bedhead, so you dont have to get out of bed to operate. :D

Hi Evo,

Check out thread http://www.kedronownersgroup.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1512&st=0&p=6625&hl=+diesel%20+heaters&fromsearch=1&#entry6625 started on 22/9/11 under Heaters Diesel or Gas Heaters.

Use search at top of page if this link above doesn't work.

Hi Noel

We went with the gas heater mainly due to the negatives that Tony listed re the diesel. We have only had it for approx 12mths and very little cold weather travel in that time but happy with it when we camped at Wallumbilla in the frost.

Very quiet, no ticking and no worry about the gas going off. We did have trouble starting it on our last trip but just needed the gas flow adjusted.

And as Tony pointed out - I have the control right beside my bed so no need to get up to turn it on. I think Glen may have regretted giving me such easy access:)

But like anything, they would both have their fors and against - just personal preference.

Good luck

Deb B