Leaking Water inlet connection

Greens

Hi,

I am having trouble (again) with the mains water connection - it is dripping into the van, onto the inside of the wheel arch. The water is dripping from the screws in the connection inside the van - I have made sure they are tight. The water then runs along the arch and either onto the floor near the bed, or onto the floor in the cupboard depending on how level the van is. I have had this problem before and replaced the inlet connection, but seems to be happening again. I would like to say it only happens when connected to mains pressure, but it seems to also leak when I am operating just from the tanks - maybe the pump sends water under pressure back up the pipe to this connection???

Anyway - has anyone else had any issues?? Any solutions/ideas will be greatly appreciated. At present have a plastic container on the arch to collect the water, and I empty it regularly - not a lot, but enough to be annoying.

Thanks

Jeff

I would like to say it only happens when connected to mains pressure, but it seems to also leak when I am operating just from the tanks - maybe the pump sends water under pressure back up the pipe to this connection???

This part is interesting. When on tank water, does your pump run for a second or two every so often? If so, that would indicate a leak somewhere beyond the pump. If not, that would indicate a leak in the pipework between the tanks and the pump and a separate leak in the scheme water supply inlet.

The system should have a one-way valve that stops the pump from pumping your tank water back out of the scheme water inlet. All pipework from the "van side" of this one-way valve is common to both the tank water and the scheme water. If you are experiencing the leak even when on tank water, (and your pump does run occasionally, even when no taps are turned on), then the leak has to be on "van side" of the one-way valve. It may even be the one-way valve itself. So, odds are, that it isn't the inlet connector at all. Otherwise, the only explanation is that you have two separate leaks.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Jeff.

We have had two inlets that had the silicon gasket installed incorrectly.

If you remove the three screws on the back of the unit, make sure that the gasket is good and straight and lubricate it with silicon or olive oil before refixing the screws. This fixed our leaks.

Hi Russ

Would you explain that again ,but a little slower??!! :P

Cheers

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the advice - sorry it has been a while, but just got back and have attacked it today. Seems like everything should be working OK - ie one way valve seem to be doing its job, as water only goes one way. All I could see was that the gasket inside the connector was pretty hard - so I took Rod's advice and lubricated it with some tap gasket grease. I'll see how that goes next time!!!

jeff