Ladders!

Rick Johnson

Does anyone have some suggestions for lightweight ladders that can be easily stored/carried to provide roof access. The sort that if you don't have you will need!

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick

We bought one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-3-2m-TELESCOPIC-ALUMINIUM-LADDER-EXTENSION-STEP-ALLOY-EXTENDABLE-/261085422867?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item3cc9e76513. Not exactly lightweight at 11kgs but very sturdy and fairly compact so stores nicely under the bed. I don't recall if we bought from that particular ebay seller though.

We bought a telescopic one from Aldi which fits under the bed.

Under the bed? How do people fit it under the bed, with all the cartons of wine from winery visits stored under that same bed :lol:

Hello Ric,

I have a telescopic ladder that I purchased from Jan when I ordered my van. I have used it once. I NEVER carry it on trips. Whenever I have needed to get up there I have just asked the managers of the cattle station, road house, CP etc if I could borrow theirs. Never had a refusal.

I don't carry anything on the top of my Land Cruiser so I have considered putting a sturdy roof rack up there to use as a work platform to do work on the roof of the van. Just park the LC real close to the van.

At my age, ladders are dangerous things!

Regards

Colin

Rick,

We use one we bought at the Brisbane show "www.txp.com.au" the 3.1 model, not exactly light but more uses than getting on the roof of the van. Accessing the roof of the cruiser safely, you don't have to extend it full height to use it just the runs you need. Recently used it when I had the car jacked up and had to also access under the bonnet so lent it against the guard and had that extra reach. I store it in the back of the car next to the fridge.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rick

We bought one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-3-2m-TELESCOPIC-ALUMINIUM-LADDER-EXTENSION-STEP-ALLOY-EXTENDABLE-/261085422867?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item3cc9e76513. Not exactly lightweight at 11kgs but very sturdy and fairly compact so stores nicely under the bed. I don't recall if we bought from that particular ebay seller though.

Hi Rick, I just bought one myself from the ebay trader FactoryFast.com.au Looks good.

Cheers,

Marjan

Rick,

I have never carried a ladder and have as noted by another KOGGER borrowed from the maintenance manager at caravan parks etc and have never been refused. However lately I have cleaned our four solar panels by parking the L,Cruiser close to the caravan and stepping via the spare wheel onto the roof of the vehicle. By staying on the curve of the roof which offers rigidity easy access can be gained to half the caravan length.

Regards,

Grahame