An Invite

Guest Gotaway

These site are OK provided you don't take everything as being gospel (like most of the internet).

There are a few self proclaimed experts who claim they know everything, but their advice is often biased towards what they have/can afford. The Kedron vans are spec'd up a lot more than most other vans, so you hear recommendations for 1 or 2 batteries and 300W inverters are all you need etc.

Chris & Val in their excitement of their new order have possibly opened up a bit of criticism, (the 300W inverter mentioned above is one, he advice is generally based on smaller battery banks), and now the same thread has turned into a BT bashing debate (perhaps warranted). It is an interesting read if you haven't had a look.

http://tinyurl.com/yqasy9

I hope Chris & Val don't take the advice too seriously - the 1800W inverter is much more useful than a 300W, as we have found. I think Chris & Val are installing a Dometic front loader, if I remember correctly. We have used our Dometic on the inverter - but a 300W wouldn't cope - and the battery capacity is more than adequate as long as you're not doing hot washes (the genny would better suit that).

David

Thanks David. I would hope none of our members feel the need to get involved in a "who's best" discussion in any other forum.

It is merely a sharing of information. Similar to a smorgasbord - lots of things on offer, take what you feel would suit you and leave the rest.

Chris and Val have been well respected members of the Caravanners Forum for quite a long time and I know I personally find many other forums particularly good for lots of information obsorbsion - taking into account our spec'd up Kedrons.

But good advice all the same..........