CLEARVIEW MIRROR FITTED TO 79 SERIES

richard sheppard

Hi all. I was looking at fitting clear view mirrors to to 79 series Toyota Landcruiser.When I look at clearview Mirrors web site they are saying that I might have to drill new holes in to suit these mirror. I would like to ask the question if anyone out there with a new Toyota Landcruiser ute has fitted these mirrors to their vehicle and did they have to drill new holes to accommadate. Thanks Richard.

Hi Richard,

I have just tried to contact Clearview as i said I would in a previous post..... but as I suspected & suggested to you Clearview are closed until the 14th Jan.

Next Monday I will give them a call to aleviate your concerns :)

What is the build date of your 79 series & would you be interested in a chrome or black finish?

Regards

Tony

Hi Richard and Tony,

I have the Clear view mirrors fitted to my LC76 and yes they drill 2 holes in each door to give additional security for the mounting. See the web site. I am more than happy with the mirrors and would recommend them to everybody that may be interested in fitting them. They can be supplied and fitted by ARB TJM at the same price as at the factory. The best mirrors ever.

Tex

Hi Richard,

I have just tried to contact Clearview as i said I would in a previous post..... but as I suspected & suggested to you Clearview are closed until the 14th Jan.

Next Monday I will give them a call to aleviate your concerns :)

What is the build date of your 79 series & would you be interested in a chrome or black finish?

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony.My LC79 series built date was 09/2011.And I'm interested in the chrome. I was wondering if Clearview mirror had a template or the measurments that they could send to check against the mirror that came standard on my Toyota Landcruiser ute, Once again thanks for your help.Richard.

Hi Richard and Tony,

I have the Clear view mirrors fitted to my LC76 and yes they drill 2 holes in each door to give additional security for the mounting. See the web site. I am more than happy with the mirrors and would recommend them to everybody that may be interested in fitting them. They can be supplied and fitted by ARB TJM at the same price as at the factory. The best mirrors ever.

Tex

Thanks Ian & Carol for your reply. I have been looking at them here at TJM Townsville but they did not know if new holes had to be drilled into the door. Ian are the standard mirrors hole covered my by the clearview mirrors.How hard are they to fit? Thanks Richard.

Hi Richard,

You will find that there are qty 4 bolts/srcew/fasters that secure the mirror to your LC76/79/ all 70 series LC. T he top 2 utilise the original mounting holes, the second 2 are drilled lower down on the door. The additional 2 have a backing plate to secure the mirrors to the door. and the job only took about 1 hour to complete. I am more than happy with mine.

Tex

Hi Richard,

I have just got off the phone to Mike at Clearview, I have all the info you need to know about the holes that have 'to be' (not really) drilled.

Can you PLEASE PM me with your phone number or sms your number to 0412 four one five four double six & I will call you to discuss, as I feel I wouldn't be able to relay appropriately/understandably what he had to say.... Thanks