Layout

Graham and Sue

Possibly!! the final choice of our van which we ordered 26/6/07,we went back and saw Stan this week and went over our original van plans and came home with this plan.The van should be delivered before the June Show.Because we are getting a Chevy we are now trying to source wheels etc. for the van to suit the Chevy so all are interchangeable.

Happy travelling.

Graham & Sue.

Van_layout.pdf

Graham & Sue,

We had the exact same layout in our 18'6" XC van. We liked the layout however may I make a few suggestions?

We split the kitchen and put the stove next to the fridge. It gives you more usable work bench around the stove and sink. Also when drying the dishes you dont fall down the step. It does happen.

The queen size bed is great but be aware you have no room to change next to the bed. You have to move out to the front of the bed.

Hope this is helpful.

Rosco

:biggrin:

Graham and Sue,

Hi! we are looking at an almost identical layout, with the stove relocated as per Roscoe. However will go for the 7'8" width option which gives a wee bit more width beside the QS bed

John and Anne :thumbsup:

Just being the 'devil's advocate' here - another Kedron owner I know went for the Queen size bed and said one of the 'downsides' of that decision was the wardrobes beside the bed are narrower and hence less space for your clothes. That may or may not be a consideration for you.

Good luck with your decisions.

Hi John and Anne

You dont mention wether you are considering a Topender or another van but with regards to the 7'8 wide option it isnt available on the Topenders as I requested this when we ordered our Topender.

Stan and David said that with the brush bars that are added to the topenders that makes it the legal 7'8" wide which is the maximum width legally that they can go

Might be worth a call to Kedron to confirm this.

One of the reasons we sold our ATV was because of the QS bed fitted and now have a double and dont have any dramas now with getting around the sides of the bed and Ned is much happier :thumbsup:

Guest juderob

We have this layout with Rosco's suggestion of the relocation of the sink. We also have a cafe seating arrangement. We wouldnt change a thing, it works great for us.

This is very similar to our Top Ender on order. Yes, we too have noted that our current plans to have the sink near the stair well is not practical and we will be asking Stan to change that around.

I think the queen sized bed would mean too little cupboard space, and I want some room to move around the bed. Alas, my clothes too are all shrinking and I can't yet blame it on the Kedron fitted washing machines! Must be something in the water we wash our clothes in....not possible that its due to some other factor, like too many devonshire teas.

Chris

Graham & Sue,

Isnt it annoying. You thought this was possibly the "final choice" and we'all throw in our 2 cents worth. LOL.

Having travelled in this size with this layout I have a few other ideas. No change to the layout because its a good one. Just a few tips on comfort.

Phone me on 0755277220 if you want to discuss them..

Rosco

:thumbsup:

Ok, I'll put my 2 cents in also.

We have a 19'6" (internal) topender with the queen bed.

We haven't wanted for any more space in the cupboards - one is hanging space, my side is shelved (hey, no suits while I'm on holidays, thanks!). Jane has never said she doesn't have enough space.

I can't see how 2" extra width is going to make a big difference, however, if you go with double bed then yes, the 6 (+2) inches would.

As Kimbo has already stated, the 7'6" width is because of the brush bars on the TopEnder.

Personally, I love the queen bed - plenty of room and as comfy as being at home (makes you want to not come home!)

David

Hi,

We also have that layout in our new van, with the extra 2 inches in width. I find it more difficult to make the queen size bed than in our previous van & was a bit annoyed to find the cupboards are smaller & girls that means the mirrors are smaller which makes it pretty difficult to check out how you look. That doesnt really seem to concern the blokes.

Cheers Cathy