Truma Hot Water System

Guest juderob

Guest juderob

We are travelling in our 4 yr old ATV and have a problem with our Truma hot water system. It developed a leak and we took it to a caravan repair place in Albany WA. They fixed the leak and swear they put it all back together just the same way but it will not fill and pressurise. As soon as we turn on the pump, with or without the tap turned on, water pours straight out under the van through what is referred to in the instruction book as "the ventilation hose". If you have one of these it is on page 7 of the manual under Water Pipe routing, number 20 in the diagram.

Has anybody had a similar problem and can tell me what is wrong and how can I fix it. The repair place dont seem to have a clue, would really like to sort it over the weekend before I take it back to them on Monday.

Thanks guys, I know somebody will be able to offer a suggestion.

I'm wondering if its the pressure release valve. It could be worth seeing if its been put back properly. Just a thought...

In our van its in the middle of the cabinet under the fridge, and has a yellow knob. Check that it's connected properly by seeing that all the pipes are in the right direction.

Chris

Also check that the yellow lever is in the correct position. If it is in the upright position the water will go straight through. Make sure it is "down".

Cheers

Jody

Guest juderob

Thanks guys for the suggestions. We had already looked at the obvious things like the pressure release but as it turned out it was nothing we could fix ourselves. Apparently there is an integrated valve in that breather tube thingy which was stuck open. They replaced the valve and everthing works fine now. It is great to have hot water again. Thought you would like to know, it might come in handy for future reference.