22" tare weight

Mark

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know how much a 22" kedron XC3 tare weight will be roughly please, with queen bed and double bunks with toilet/shower combo and will our Mazda BT50 that is capable of towing 3350kg be able to do the job nicely or struggle with it ?

Cheers Mark

Hi Everybody,

I would like to know how much a 22" kedron XC3 tare weight will be roughly please, with queen bed and double bunks with toilet/shower combo and will our Mazda BT50 that is capable of towing 3350kg be able to do the job nicely or struggle with it ?

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark

We have a 21.6ft XC3 built last May and came in at 2680kg

Included in that weight is the washing machine, 1800watt inverter, satellite dish on roof and grey water tank

We tow this with a 200 series land cruiser

Cheers Lionel and Margaret

Hi Lionel & Margaret ,

Thanks for your feed back, so our car should tow it fine then I think, we have been told over the phone it will be about 2700kg but I just want to be sure as it is a lot of money to get it wrong. Grey water tanks sound like a good idea , we haven't been told about that yet by Jan, can you use the grey water to wash in washing machine ? Kimberley Kruiser does this but they are 2900kg , they don't do bunks and cost $25,000 more. We really like the sound of Kedron and we are quite excited about hopefully getting one soon.

Cheers Mark

G`Day Mark

We have been travelling all over Oz for about 6 yrs. and have never required a grey water tank.In CPs there is generally a drain or they encourage you to water the grass or trees with it. We put a filter over the end to catch the bits and we use bio degradable detergent and soap.In free or bush camps you run it into a 25 litre plastic container and empty it away from waterways. Do not use grey for washing in. As for the 2700 tare,I would take that with a pinch of salt.When tou are fully loaded for bear (especially with children and there stuff!)I personally think your current tug will be struggling to pull the weight.But what ever you decide have a ball with your new rig. ^_^

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi Rick & Lea,

Thanks for your input , I get your point about grey water tank, I like your idea with 25lt water container , and bio detergents sounds good to. It is amazing what a difference 150kg shy of 3.5 tonne makes . We met a kedron owner passing though Ravensthorpe the other day, and he was nice enough to show us around his van, his van tare 3.2tonne top ender and his tow vehicle could pull 3.5 and he had dinghy on top of his car , so I think they were pushing there limits ?. We are a long way from buying yet , so we have plenty of time to think of things.

We do have 600kg to play with our tow vehicle at 3350kg and kids will be limited to what they can take , we plan to live in it for a couple of years, so won't be towing it around to much is the plan.

Cheers Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

Our ATV, which was delivered last month, has a 60 L grey water tank and the water from it can go only one way - out through the drain. Considering that water from the sink goes into that tank I'm not sure that I'd be too keen on washing clothes in it.

When we ordered the van through Jan, grey water was not mentioned. We raised the question with Stan when we were drawing up the final plan, but did not consider reusing the water so we made no enquiry about doing that. Stan is no longer the man in that seat. You will deal with Graham who was originally in the factory production line. It may be an idea to gather thoughts from other vanners about how they deal with it before you meet with Graham. But I'm with Rick & Lea about not re using grey water. We are using bio magic in our loo and also add some to the grey water tank progressively if we are holding water for a few days. The lady who markets it is a bio-chemist and it could be worthwhile getting advice from some such person. I have no financial interest in bio magic but here is their web address (offered without prejudice) http://www.biomagic.com.au/

Cheers,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark

Definitely do not use grey water for anything other than watering grass and don't store it unless you have to. Let it run as it would if you didn't have a tank until such time as you need to hold it. As Rick said most places in the boonies appreciate the water on the grass and a stocking over the end of the hose collects all the lumpy bits.

Can I suggest that if you are a member that you both keep an eye on the Gatherings forum and try to make it to a gathering. The people there will be a wealth of info. Take notes :-)

There is no substitute for knowledge before the big move to purchase all you have to do is sort out the good info from the bad :rolleyes:

Cheers from the Kyd's