Van Polish

RickA

What do you use to polish the powder coated panelling on your vans ,if anything? :unsure:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi Mal

Thanks for the quick reply. I asked Armor All the same question and this is their reply.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for contacting us via the Armor All website.

We do not recommend using Armor All Wax and Polish products on surfaces that don't have a clear coat. I am not sure whether the powder coat finish of your caravan has a clear coat or not.

If it does have a clear coat, please test the product on an inconspicuous area before use. After application, wait and check to ensure you are happy with the result before using on a larger area. Armor All products are extensively tested on automotive surfaces before launch, however, we have not completed testing on any caravan surfaces.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Amanda Shaw

Brand Manager

Ph: 61 2 8895 2203

Mobile: 0401 987 012

Email: amanda.shaw@armoredautogroup.com

My question is ,do we have a clear coat on the walls of van??

Cheers

Rick

Hi Rick

I don't believe the coloured cladding on our Kedrons has a clear coat. The aluminium cladding is powered coated during its manufacturing process and comes out in a role or an extrusion. Modern cars have a clear coat, or several cler coats, over the base colour to enhance the shine and 'depth' of colour. You may have seen older cars where the clear coat has been perforated resulting in a peeling on the clear coat.

I use a truck ' wash and wax' and it seems to do the job.

Pete

What do you use to polish the powder coated panelling on your vans ,if anything? :unsure:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi Rick & Lea

We had our van coated with a product called RV Gard. We are totally satisfied by its performance after a 8 week stint in NT & north WA last year. The van is white and was covered in red dust. After washing with their dry wash product on arrival back in Hervey Bay the van still looks like new, much to our amazement. The product is relatively expensive (so was the van) but we think it was well worth it.

Michael

Hi Rick & Lea,

When the rig needs a good clean I use a magic sponge on both and Mothers car polish on both.

I get a lot of comments on the finished product. Magic sponges are not cheap but once you try them you be converted.

p.s. they are also great for cleaning the showers.(www.magicsponge.com.au)

Barra Pete