Where do you store your shoes

John and Ann

For the past coupe of years my shoes have migrated through various storage spaces in our van. Here's the latest and hopefully last test solution.

I'm sure it must have been done before, if so I apologise in advance for stealing someone else's ideas laugh.gif

BedsideShoeStorage.pdf

Cheers

John

BedsideShoeStorage.pdf

I /we just chuckum into the bottom of the wardrobe. :rolleyes: Smelly,muddy and all. we only have 1 /inch 5 cm,between bed and wardrobe? :o

Shoe storage

We use the hanging shoe storage racks too, but lay them on their backs-they just fit between the bedside drawer units and the under bed storage-and found that a good sized piece of non slip matting underneath stops them moving. If we don't have enough shoes with us to fill each pocket, I close the back pockets with large bulldog clips to make the whole unit shorter. We have one of these units on each side of the bed and find they keep the shoes neatly separated. After a couple of months away, the dust does tend to build up but it is easily shaken out.

The shoe storage units I bought came from Howards Storage world. The other items I have found very successful from Howards are their refrigerator baskets in two different sizes. We have them in most cupboards and they stop anything falling over.

We are heading off in a couple of weeks for about 5 months, firstly to the Dig Tree and from there we really haven't decided. Hope to meet up with some other Koggers on the road.

Julie

Save space, go barefoot!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Not as ridiculous as one might first think, we've come across some travelers that did exactly that, ouch. The reason "wanted to experience bush walking like the first Australians", well OK get that, but, retire after a big days walking to your 20'++ off-road towed by a shiny big US tow vehicle, I missed something there huh.gifblink.gif

Shoe storage

We use the hanging shoe storage racks too, but lay them on their backs-they just fit between the bedside drawer units and the under bed storage-and found that a good sized piece of non slip matting underneath stops them moving. If we don't have enough shoes with us to fill each pocket, I close the back pockets with large bulldog clips to make the whole unit shorter. We have one of these units on each side of the bed and find they keep the shoes neatly separated. After a couple of months away, the dust does tend to build up but it is easily shaken out.

The shoe storage units I bought came from Howards Storage world. The other items I have found very successful from Howards are their refrigerator baskets in two different sizes. We have them in most cupboards and they stop anything falling over.

We are heading off in a couple of weeks for about 5 months, firstly to the Dig Tree and from there we really haven't decided. Hope to meet up with some other Koggers on the road.

Julie

Didn't think of laying the hanger on it's back, there you go, another perspective, more usable slots as well, I like it. Sounds like we are on the same page Julie, I like using baskets myself to keep all our stuff secured.

Enjoy your travels when you head off, we go Thursday for about 4 months, Perth to Alice Springs via the GCR then up to Darwin, the Gulf and probably the Cape, who knows where to from there.

Safe Travels

John

Hi Colin,

Looks like nail polish on the nails.... So I assume that's Gayleens hairy leg :D. OR do you have something to tell us? :mellow:

Hi John,

Isn't it great to not know when you'll be home or where you are going next. It seems to be the question everyone asks. How many times have we said "Don't know and we'll decide in the morning where to next". I remember arriving at Port Augusta from the Flinders Ranges back in '05 and we looked at each other and said "left or right?". We went right to Streaky Bay and had a great time exploring the Eyre Peninsular...Murphy's Haystacks, Seals, the Abalone Farm,Oysters, Seafood, etc. We'll probably do it all again when we return across the Nullarbor after the Outback Way adventure. Heard on TV this arvo that the over 50's are the happiest group of Aussies and I would have to agree. Must admit though,we're a bit over 50 and in fact well over 60! With a Kedron van and this big country to explore why wouldn't we be the happiest group no matter what age?

Hi John,

You hit the nail(s) on the head so to speak, couldn't agree more. We'd never spent any time in the Kimberley until two years ago, we spent the last two winters up there and there is still so much to see Thought we would venture further east this year to see what other parts of this travelers paradise has to offer.

Cheers, enjoy the journey across the OW, lucky buggers. It's a little damp at our end, been raining the whole WA leg, not too much though, we'll see whether we arrive in the Alice covered in mud, I think not, but, you never know.unsure.gif

Hi Colin,

Looks like nail polish on the nails.... So I assume that's Gayleens hairy leg :D. OR do you have something to tell us? :mellow:

And, Tony, that photo was taken after she had shaved them!!! Gotta go...here she comes.....WHACK!!

Colin