Starting Oodnadatta Track

Chris

We are now at Leigh Creek and heading North along the Oodnadatta Track to Alice Springs (via Dalhousie Springs). Our plans are to take the Pedirka Track into Dalhousie, as we have done in the past. it is rough (even our maps say it is rough!) but we have taken the Kedron on it before. So we know what to expect.

For the last week we have been camped at a couple of lovely spots in the Flinders and are now well and truly relaxed.

We saw another Kedron this morning, heading south, near Parachilna. I wonder who that was...?

Maybe at Farina tonight. Maybe somewhere else - it is all a bit loose. :). Taking photos of course!

If anyone sees us on the Track North, say hello. We always stop to talk to another Kedron so you would find it hard to escape anyway!!

Chris and Val

Sounds like a really good trip Chris, looking forward to reading more about your latest adventure and wishing we were on the road again. I hope you find lots of geocaches too. On a side note are you going to attended the SA Mega as it is in your home state next year?

Happy travels.

Sue

We saw another Kedron this morning, heading south, near Parachilna. I wonder who that was...?

I'm pretty sure that it would have been Peter and Lynn. They were here at Birdsville for a couple of days and were heading to Marree and points further south after leaving here.

Cheers

Russ

Hi Chris and Val

I was on the SA government web site this morning and discovered the Oodnadatta track is closed in sections due to rain.

We are in the process of packing and leaving next Tuesday to do the Oodnadatta track and Simpson Desert. We will be tenting the entire trip.

what started as a joke 12 months ago at leaving the wives home and travelling the Simpson is coming to fruition. 12 mates departing in 6 cars. Should be interesting as we are all very dependent on our wives.

We are on the waiting list at Kedron and should take delivery of our new van at the end of September. I can then look forward to travelling in comfort to places like Dalhousie.

Have a great time on your adventure and enjoy this fabulous country of ours.

Best Regards

John and Tina

We are now in Alice Springs after a great trip up. Yes, the rain caused us to stay put at Coward Springs for a few days waiting for the road to dry out. I am on the iPad at present but will put up some photos a bit later; tomorrow hopefully.

We caught up with the Flynns and Webby and Ann here in Alice, but they have now headed out somewhere remote again for a bit. And then they will be travelling on the Great Central Way with the convoy of Kedrons.