Smev Oven

sellinup

Hi All We are having a problem with our Gas oven (Smev mod 401). For 3 weeks now we have been mucked around by the local

caravan repairer,a different excuse every time. very frustrating. :wacko: we are on the move again in a couple of days,

now we are told that there are no spare parts in Australia. Just as well we do most of our cooking in the Baby Q.

The problem with the oven is it lights up ok,but when I let the control knob go the flame goes out. I have been told that it

could be the Thermacouple(spelling?)or maybe in the control knob. Has anyone had the same problem,if so what was the

outcome?. The stove is only just over 2 1/2 yrs old.

Regards Mal.

Hi Mal,

I had the same or very similar problem with my stove.... fitted a new thermocoupling.... all goog now

Hi Mal& Kerry

We have the same oven as you. They are a heap of crap. The oven works(just) but we have problems with the top burners.2 work 2 don`t. The solution from Tom at Kedron was to give the top of them a couple of sharp raps with the handle of a screwdriver. That worked for a while but now is nogood :blink: Try that with the burner in your stove!!??. Tony and I both tried to get the tops of the burners with a Hex spanner but for some reason they are an odd size so no go there. If we had the where withal I would pull the whole thing out and dump it. I see Kedron don`t use them anymore. Lea wants to beat it to death! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rick & Lea

Hi Tony,Merv,and Rick. Thanks for input,we will be on the move for a bit,but as soon as we put the anchor out and are close

to another Gas appliance repairer I will see if they can get a Thermocoupling. Hey Rick is that how

Lee broke her ankle,kicking the stuffing out of stove?? :lol: .

Regards Mal.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, we left Hervey Bay heading to VIC and South Australia,and decided to take the opportunity to call in to the new Kedron Factory and get the oven sorted.(Finally)

I have to say , what a pleasure it is to deal with them,I know it's been said many times before, and rightfully so. Outcome , Oven fixed :D along with a few

additional bits and pieces ,all done straight away, and talk about service with a smile :) Lisa's Daughter (MEMORY LOSS, no wonder

we have our names on back of van) was in charge of organising the work to be done , and what a friendly and competent person she is.

The problem with the oven was a small magnet ,I think at the back of the control knob,it vibrated out of place. The Thermocoupling that

Camec sold me , AS I suspected at the time, was not was not the right one,so I donated it to Kedron. All work done for us by Kedron ,

No Charge. Regards MAL.

• 4 years later...

The biggest problem with LPG appliances is the gas pressure .

Your oven may need a new thermocouple or most likely it's a heat problem , lpg has a kilowatt rating at 2.75 kpa at the burner .

Low kilowatts reduce the flame temperature , which reduces the millivots of the thermocouple .

Check the regulator pressure it will need to be 3 kpa to compensate for pressure loss ,