West Coast

Steve and Kez

Hello all,

Kerry and I have just excepted a position for probably 12-18 months at Beagle Bay in the Kimberley. So on the 2nd November, we are picking up our GMC and van from Perth where it has been in storage since February and then taking 3 weeks to drive up the coast to Beagle Bay by the 25th November.

While we realize it is not the best time of the year to be travelling this area, we intend to try and make the best of it.

So ................ does anyone have some "Must see's or Must do's or Must stays"? All info gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

P.S. We are not sure how much spare room we will have in the house yard until we get there, so we will let you know if we can squeeze in some visitors once we get settled.

Hi Steve and Keze

The Kimberly is a rugged and beautiful place. We visited Beagle Bay in 2010.

There are plenty of places to visit between Perth and Derby, but that journey could take months.

Just enjoy each day, it's worth it.

All the best in Paradise !!!!!

Peter and Margaret

Thanks Peter & Margaret.

Yes we are well aware of the beauty of the Kimberley as we have been there a couple of times and adore it's ruggedness and beauty. That's why we accepted the job

But we have never travelled the west coast. We have only been up as far as Kalbarri as we have always gone via the Tanami, so we are looking forward to the trip even it is the wrong time of the year and it will be a bit rushed.

Cheers

I expect you already have all of these but thought I would mention it just incase you haven't. We have tie down points welded to the frame of our Keddy as we lived in the Pilbara for a number of years they are needed during the cyclone season for when you go onto an alert. You need chains to do the tiedown. Also don't forget to take a couple of good long heavy duty tie down straps to throw over the top. Another trick when you aren't near to tie down points, we had four around the edge of our driveway, is to dig your wheels in so that the wind can't get under your caravan.

Sorry if this sounds a bit drastic and basically it rarely happens but it is better to have a plan than not to have a plan. :lol:

Enjoy your stay in Beagle Bay we have many happy memories of times up there.

Hello Ian & Sue

Thanks for the advice. I am not sure what we will have to secure the van. I guess we will see when we get there. We may have a shed to put it in yet as we have a house supplied with the job. Regardless, it's all insured.

I don't suppose you have any info on places to stay or see heading up the west coast?

Cheers