New Atv2

Gazza

Hello to everyone out there in Kedronworld. Have been to Brisbane during week of 11/02/08 and we have ordered our new Kedron ATV2, 17'6" internal van.

Decision was influenced by all the favourable comments from other Kedron owners about their Kedron vans on this site. Also influenced by the favourable comments about the after sales service.

Delivery date states November 08. So we'll wait and see.

Will post floor plan when I can get my scanner to work

Now for the long wait, but I think it will be worth it.

Lots of luck

Garry & Judy MUNRO :wub:

happy_campers

PS. Sue Webby, when I post the floor plan would it be possible for you to change our status from Guest to Member on the forum site. Thanks.

Wonderful news! How exciting for you both. I look forward to meeting you on the road somewhere.

Can you give details while we wait for the floor plans (eg internal length, type of seating and bed, etc)?

Chris and Val

Hi Garry & Judy,

First of all, congratulations on the order of your Kedron. It's an exciting time, as many members will tell you. We can't wait to see your floor plan. If you have any problems, please let me know and I'll help you to upload it etc. etc.

I have also changed your status in the forum to "On Order".

Chris & Val

Van will have usual inclusions, and will be rear door entry.

Cafe seating,

Double east/west bed,(As per Madog), 4 x pull out drawers under bed between generator boxes,(inside)

3.5kW Daikin Split System A/C, Compressor Unit on Draw bar and head inside above bed,

Through Boot, 1 x Generator box with pull out tray, 2 x Generator boxes (No pullout tray)

4 x 130watt Solar Panels,

4 x 120Amp AGM Batteries,

60 Plasmatronic Solar Regulator

60amp Float Charger

3 x Water tanks (all 80litre, Drain plugs on tanks)

Recessed outside locker for 240v/12v points, TV antenna, TV Bracket,

Stove and sink at doorway. (Only went for Stove and Grill)

230 litre Fridge,

Full height panty beside bed at foot end, (Facing in)

Full height cupboard beside bed at head end. (Facing in)(Full height robe with drawers under)

Pull out drawers at end of Cafe seating.

Anderson Plug next to water filler.

Gas Bayonnet on front of van

2 x Four Season Hatches

Portable Saatellite wiring.

No Winegard TV Antenna

All will make sense when I get the floor plan posted. Possible Thursday (May have to get Jude to scan at work and bring home file)

Regards

Garry & Judy MUNRO

Sue,

Thank you very much. I probably will need your help uploading the plan. Not much good at this stuff. Have to ask the 'kids' how to do things on the computer. Gave them a University degree so I suppose I can see I haven't wasted my money on their education.

Once again

Thanks

Garry & Judy MUNRO

Garry & Judy

Rick would love to see a photo of the "full height panty" - he's a sick little puppy!

Regards

Lea

PS - and congrats on placing the order - you wont regret it.

Hi Garry and Judy

I was looking at your specs-looks great-I am interested in the split level airconditioner- Is Kedron supplying and fitting or is this a private arrangement-we are having a van built and a/c alternatives are of interest.

regards

Val of Val and Chris

Val & Chris

The split system A/C I am intending to install will be a Daikin 3.5kW Inverter, (Heating/Cooling). I have a mate who is a dealer and I will buy it and have the pipes installed during the build.

When we ordered the van I spoke to Stan about it and he stated if we get the A/C down to him he would arrange to have the pipes put in place during the build. I would then arrange and have the A/C connected to the pipes and gassed by my dealer up here.

From all the caravan forums which I have been reading, since and prior to Jude and I deciding to purchase a van, I have not read many good comments about the roof top A/C's. (Eg, noisey, can't be started on a 2KVA generator, outside temperature, etc.) This is the main reason I am going for the Split System. Although some vanners say they can start their roof top A/C on the 2KVA Honda, but after they turned off all the 240V electrical equipment and run everything off 12V.

I realise that the A/C will not carry any warranty (something I'll have to talk to my mate about), but at the cost of the unit, I will be able to purchase 2 of them and still be in front compared to the cost and replacemet of a roof top A/C. Depending on which part, (the compressor or internal blower) which gives trouble, I may only have to replace either.

I could have gone for a cheaper unit, but I have to support my mate up here. (Might get it a bit cheaper if I'm good to him.)

Another couple of reasons I'm going that way is it can be serviced on the ground and there is less holes in the roof for water to ingress inside the caravan.

After installation I will have some sort of cover made to cover the compressor unit to keep a large proportion of the dust out whilst travelling on dirt roads. (And then it will only need a light hosing of the condensor with water)

After making enquiries on the KOG Forum, I was given a contact number for YOSHI, who has also installed a Daiken Split System A/C into his van. I have rung him on the phone and he also gave me some advice in relation to his installation.

If there is anything else I can help you with please contact me by my E Mail address and I will send you my mobile phone number

Regards

Garry & Jude

happy_campers@internode.on.net.