Dreampot

Ian and Sue

Our son bought me a dreampot a couple of years back it is the big one with two pots in it. We don't eat meat so have only used it once to cook one of the focaccia recipes in the book and I also tried some chicken breast and veges. It seemed to me that I could cook our usual fare in the more than 25 minutes it took for he pot to boil and do its thing.

I was cleaning the pantry the other day and found it and thought about what a waste it is to never use it but I don't want to load it into the van if I aren't going to use it. has anyone else had experience with one? Perhaps someone could suggest where I might be going wrong. Are they best for people who eat meat? I did buy the little loaf tins to go into it but once they arrived I found that you can't put both in at once anyway.

Sue, I bought a secondhand Dream Pot from a fellow KOG member and it always travels with us. I especially like it for a travel day. I get it going while we pack up, then put it on the combo floor for the trip knowing I won't have to worry about the evening's dinner once we have set up. I like it for corned beef and lamb shanks but as you are not meat eaters think about soup (although it's not the weather for it right now). We love pea and ham soup so I soak the dried peas overnight then get it all happening the next morning. Anything you would cook in a slow cooker is suitable for the Dream Pot.

We love our Eco Pot (same concept, different brand). We use it a lot for soups or stews. Curries are especially good. I often make my potato and leek soup in it as well as the pumpkin soup. Rice cooks really well in the smaller of the two pots. Vegetable curries are particularly good as the curry flavours develop well.

The great advantage of the unit is that it uses no power to cook the meal, after an initial bringing the meal up to simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes. And of course, having a meal ready after a long days travel.