Corner Country and More

Tolley

Hello,

One of the good things about the Corner Country Trip is that we end up in the Flinders Ranges, Parachilna Prairie Hotel for our end of trip dinner. Then it's just down the road to this wonderful area:

/>https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtu3bugctst1h16/Cellars%20market.docx

Colin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

One of the good things about the Corner Country Trip is that we end up in the Flinders Ranges, Parachilna Prairie Hotel for our end of trip dinner. Then it's just down the road to this wonderful area:

/>https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtu3bugctst1h16/Cellars%20market.docx

Colin

Thanks Col and Den,

And how are you?

Great info as usual. We leave here next Wednesday and can't wait.

Where are you headed?

Kindest regards.

Colin

Hi Colin, we are headed towards Menindee via the Darling River then Broken Hill and then toss a coin to see which way the wind is blowing. Col has to return to Cns for doc appointments in Aug so plan on being around either Melbourne or Adelaide and she will fly home for a couple of days. Thinking the Flinders Ranges would be nice but love the idea of no plans. Looks like the weather is going to be kind to your group although winter is finally kicking in. Bourke is forecast for 4 deg on Sun and 3 deg on Mon so you should be in for some cool nights by the time you are down this way.

Travel safe.

Den and Col

Rick and Lea,

Almost 12 months ago Rick wrote on the Outback Way thread "According to Lea a group of Keddies is a Koggle!! :rolleyes"

Well Rick and Lea are about to be one of the Koggle of Keddies gathered in Tibooburra on 20 May.

I am really looking forward to getting on the road on Thursday.

Regards

Colin

Today is the day we do a Willie Nelson......

Off to Tibooburra. Just waiting for Gayleen to get back from an early morning dentist appointment having a root canal! Tough bird!

Colin

Today is the day we do a Willie Nelson......

Off to Tibooburra. Just waiting for Gayleen to get back from an early morning dentist appointment having a root canal! Tough bird!

Colin

Good luck and safe travels Colin and all your companions.

Best of luck keeping that matlow you have travelling with you in line; hopefully he hasn't forgotten how to cook - just the right person to do group meals for you all!

Regards,

JK.

JK I know nothing of which you speak! You must be confusing that matelot (correct spelling :))person with somebody else.But I have been known to knock up a good scran occasionally. :lol:

Cheers

Rick

JK,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should cancel our end of trip dinner at the Prairie Hotel in Parachilna and let Rick demonstrate his skills!!

And Pete, thanks for that. We are having our get together diner at the Family Hotel on the night of the 20th.

Good food and good company is just great.

Regards

Colin

JK I know nothing of which you speak! You must be confusing that matelot (correct spelling )person with somebody else.But I have been known to knock up a good scran occasionally.

Cheers

Rick

:lol: yes Rick sorry about the spelling but I had to keep it in the style that Non Senior Service blokes understand :P

Regards,

JK.

Hello,

Getting close now. It is great to know that the Corner Country participants are now converging on Tibooburra in NW NSW. We will all meet there on the 20th of May. We are really Looking forward to the trip.

For our part we are at this moment in the Pelican CP in Winton where last years Outback Way trip started. Beautiful weather. Tomorrow, Longreach, one of our favourite country towns.

The caravans on the road are starting to multiply, mainly headed north. It has occurred to me that I have organised a trip in the southern States in Winter. What was I thinking,,,!!

Actually, we are enjoying the cooler weather after a fairly hot summer at home in Cairns.

Travel safely, Koggers, wherever you may be.

Regards

Colin

You have organised the trip at the best time weather-wise, in my opinion. We have travelled through the outback QLD at this time of year a few times and it is invariably sunny and cool. This is the best time for the Flinders altho' it can be freezing at night. Literally.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I was tongue in cheek a bit with that. Gayleen and I are really looking forward to the cold nights and beautiful clear mid to low twenties days.

Currently in Longreach where the weather is beautiful. Tomorrow Tambo after calls in Barcaldine and Blackall.

Where are you?

Regards

Colin

Ah yes, tongue in cheek, Tolley! ?

We too are enjoying shorts and t shirts now we have reached Moree. And headed into QLD later today. Bliss to leave the cold behind. ☀️☀️

Chris,

Shorts and T Shirts are formal wear in FNQ, especially if you are dressed in thongs as well. Saw a sign outside a pub dining room which read "Dress Rules. No blue singlets or bare feet after 6 PM. White singlets and thongs are OK."

We are in Tambo where it is cold. Have the diesel heater on.

Regards

Colin

Chris,

Shorts and T Shirts are formal wear in FNQ, especially if you are dressed in thongs as well. Saw a sign outside a pub dining room which read "Dress Rules. No blue singlets or bare feet after 6 PM. White singlets and thongs are OK."

Up until recently I had lived all my life in the NT's Top End (initially Kakadu, then various places including Darwin). I am used to the heat and humidity, but hate it. As I got older I became more intolerant. I have discovered I like the cold weather with the change of seasons. We have two fireplaces as well as ducted aircon. My brothers who still live in Pine Creek (south of Darwin) still say they have a good paIr of thongs for formal occasions. ?

Hello Koggers,

Well, here we are! Ten Kedrons parked in Tibooburra CP and about to embark on the Corner Country Trip. We have one moe participant to join us, hopefully tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a do your own thing day until 5.00 PM when we have our first trip briefing followed by dinner in the famous Family Hotel with all its wonderful and famous paintings.

It is really enjoyable being with a group of fellow Koggers, many friends from adventures past. This trip is shaping up to be a good one!

Regards

Colin

Hi Colin

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip in a wonderful part of the country.

Margaret and I are heading north on Thursday, and may end up on an island by the same name.

Travel safe and have fun.

Pete

Hi Colin

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable trip in a wonderful part of the country.

Margaret and I are heading north on Thursday, and may end up on an island by the same name.

Travel safe and have fun.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Enjoy the trip north and when on Thursday Island have some painted crayfish. Locally caught and pretty cheap.

Regards

Colin

Hi Greg ans Cathy,

We are missing you as well. Tony and Annie joined us today after a mammoth drive from the Hunter to Tibooburra in one and a half days! Had a great get together dinner at the Family hotel tonight. Lots of laughter and friendship. It is shaping up as a great trip.

Travel safely wherever you may go. Great to keep in touch.

I hear you have a Silverado!

Regards

Colin

Hi alll. :-). looking forward to sharing your trip via the forum. We know you will have a fantastic time.

We had been looking forward to catching up with some of you on our trip up the east coast but unfortunatley we find ourselves having to make an unexpected trip back to WA. Maybe next year once I am all sorted out again we will catch up. In the meantime travel safely and always with a tailwind.

Cheers. Sue