Changing light in Vitrifrigo

Craig n Kate

Easy as.........

Open fridge door, with both hands using thumb & pointer fingers hold the light cover & gently pull (rocking slightly) the cover towards you....... Try & pull it squarely as the cover is held on by four plastic pins which can easily break off.

When removed you will see the globe .....it is a tiny festoon type globe..... probably available from Jaycar or similar.

To replace cover simply line up the pins & holes then gently push back on.

As Tony H said easy as, I replaced the light globe with an LED which is a bit larger in diameter an shorted the holder wiring out now I have to find out where I can find a replacement for it, so be careful if you are not replacing with a genuine globe.

32 Kev

Ian replaced ours with an LED globe a year or so ago with no problems. We could finally see in the fridge, a fantastic move.

The new Vitrifrigo that we have recently installed has a an LED light as standard.It certainly lights up :D the whole fridge. It appears to have 4 Leds in it.

Cheers

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

I am a 'GOOSE'

I did exactly as 32Kev did....in an attempt to get better performance out of my light, I fitted a non standard globe & shorted out the light assembly.

Trying to locate parts....think I have found a replacement to fix my problem.....fingers crossed.

I now know why the light output was very poor, these fridges are 12/24 volt operation and the light globe is 24volt so that is why the 'light' given off from the globe is/was so poor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE.....

I made contact with Camec (@ Caringbah 95252588) couple of months ago asked about a replacement LED light panel, nothing in stock but some are on the way.

Long story short..... new light panel arrived a few days ago, very simple procedure to change. The difference in light out put is fantastic..... you can actually see what is in the fridge now LOL

Part number on the bag the light came in is 003175 & marked Vitri LED Light Assembly, I don't know if this is a Camec or Vitri part number although this is the number used on the sales receipt. Cost was $66.90 delivered...not cheap but is makes a huge difference. :D