Condensation

Hermit

Hi all, we are currently staying on a farm in the Adelaide hills near Gumeracha. Very cold and wet up here.

Yes, I know we are a bit silly travelling down south in the winter, but, we are catching up with family.

My problem is that we are getting a lot of condensation inside the van every night. It literally drips from the hatches and runs down the walls.

Has anyone had the same thing happen? Is there anything we might be able to do to reduce or stop the condensation?

We are living in the van full time but had not experienced this until we left Queensland and headed south.

I can't imagine this is much good for the interior of the van (2012 Top Ender).

We do run the reverse cycle A/C at night to keep warm, it's quite cold here.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Rob

Recently retired and travelling around Oz.

G'day Hermit,

When it's really cold and damp down south we leave our diesel heater on very low all night. We wake up warm with no condensation. Have never used the aircon on heat so don't know if the result would be the same.

We are nearly at the end of our Tassy adventure and have been battling condensation in the van for over a month now.

We have a lot of condensation in the top cupboards and have found mould growing on fabric items stored there.

The moisture is forming where ever the aluminium frame is in contact with the interior cladding and also dripping from the vents .

We have sticky taped VIleda all purpose cloths over the vents to stop the drips onto the bed and floor and removed any fabric items from the top cupboards.

We have tried the aircon on dry but this made no difference. We have not tried leaving the diesel heater on all night as we don't think we could sleep with the ticking under our bed.

Our best result was achieved on a fine day by opening the whole van up and drying all the cupboards out with a cloth but this was all undone with the next day coming in rainy again and the night temp down below zero again. We have loved travelling around Tassy (5 months all together) and are sadly leaving in just over a week.

Hopefully heading to Birdsville via Maree once we reach the mainland. Jim and Anne

Good Morning all

We have a Kedron Top Ender with a diesel heater in it we camp regularly in cold weather and have no problems with condensation , the heater keeps things warm and dry , we sell and install lots of heaters in vans motorhomes etc and would be happy to advise you on installation , have a look at our web site www.dieselheat.com.au and if you would like more info please give me a call 0418130971 , we have just ordered anew XC3 and taht will be fitted with a Webasto heater , delivery is May 2015

Hi Rob

Off the subject slightly, we are also visiting family in Adelaide and will be starting our first house sit next week.

I know of a few KOGs who are either living in the area or visiting.

Maybe we could meet up sometime.

Cheers

Deb B

Hi Deb B, we are currently in Gumeracha, but will be in Adelaide for most of August. Not sure yet which van park, possibly "West Beach" or "Levi". Would love to catch-up.

Will let you know.

Rob