TE3 0n order

tassie

Hi all,

Mary an Greg from Tasmania, we have a 20ft Topender TE3 on order and pick it up next april. It is our plan to live in it for 3 or 4 yrs whilst touring the big island. This will be our first kedron an after having 3 previous vans that had multiple issues we are very excited and confident that the kedron is the right van for us. We have a few questions listed below and would appreciate any feedback:

1) McHitch vs VC DO45, we had a fantastic run with the VC DO 35 on 2 of the previous off road vans, so we are finding it hard to decide which one to have fitted to the TE3?

2) Weight distribution, is the 800LB kit enough , should we go to the next size?

3) We have ordered the air suspension option, any feedback on current experiences with it?

regarding the tow tug, our LC 200 series had a GVM upgrade with 400kg rear springs, will we need airbags as well?

Any advice will be appreciated, looking forward to meeting and chatting with forum members.

Cheers Greg an Mary

Welcome Greg & Mary and congratulations on your decision to purchase a Kedron caravan. It should give you many years of happy memories and when you read through our forum I am sure you will find some of the trips our members have reported upon to inspire you further.

I am the non technical partner in our marriage so will leave commenting on your questions to some of our other members who are much more conversant.

I will bet you cannot wait until April to get your hands on your new aquistion - do you plan to stay on the mainland and start your journey straight away? When you do make it over to the West coast please look us up as we love meeting other Keddy owners in person.

Cheers

Sue

Welcome Greg & Mary and congratulations on your decision to purchase a Kedron caravan. It should give you many years of happy memories and when you read through our forum I am sure you will find some of the trips our members have reported upon to inspire you further.

I am the non technical partner in our marriage so will leave commenting on your questions to some of our other members who are much more conversant.

I will bet you cannot wait until April to get your hands on your new aquistion - do you plan to stay on the mainland and start your journey straight away? When you do make it over to the West coast please look us up as we love meeting other Keddy owners in person.

Cheers

Sue

Sue,

Thanks for the welcome, we will return to Tas in april and we hope to start our big island trip in 2 yrs time. We have allocated 2 yrs for WA, 1 yr each for SA and Qld and by then we are hoping that we may become permanent guests somewhere warmer than here. Yes april is a long way off and at first I didn't think I could wait that long, then Mary reminded me that we are going to France for a month in March, but I think I am more excited about the van.

Cheers Greg

Sounds like exciting times ahead! :-)

Two things that I would insist on having in a new Kedron (from the wife point of view) - 1. A SOG on the toilet 2. A diesel heater.

I have had Ian retro fit both and am in caravanning heaven now. :-) I am an ex north-west gal and have never acclimatised to much below 20C :-)

Greg and Mary, welcome and congratulations on your Kedron and TE3 decision. You are in for a wonderful time.

Our TE is nearly five years old and has given us great pleasure and experiences. Sometimes, while sipping a good red in some wonderful spot, we ask each other "If we purchased another van what would we change from this one?" The answer is always "nothing".

I have a six tonne McHitch and it has been just great. Others are better qualified than me to comment on WDH and I have no knowledge of your optioned suspension system.

Congratulations to you and welcome.

Regards

Colin