Fuel Consumption

BJW44

Hi Jim,

I have a 2013 VX

18" Toyo AT's 50psi rear 45psi front (on the blacktop)

3" Manta exhaust (with no cats)

Roo systems chip set on 7

Safari snorkel

On the freeway with no van sitting on 100kph average 10.2lph round town 12.5lph

Put the van on the best I can do & have done many times is 17.5lph but averaged out I get 19lph

The van is a 19'6" interior ATV2 cant honestly tell you what it weighs but I bet it is closer to 4 tonnes than 3.5 tonnes.

I run 50psi in the van tyres. (on the blacktop)

Hope this helps

Hi Jim

We have a standard 2011 GXL diesel, and tow a 2012 19ft 6in internal ATV2 with a 3500kg ATM. We record fuel and average our fuel consumption on completion each long trip. Recently we completed a 8500 km trip around Queensland. Travelling on the bitumen highways, dirt roads, over a few sand ridges and on muddy tracks over a period of 65 days, we averaged 21.3 litres per 100 kilometres over that distance.

Cheers

Pete

Hello Tony and Pete,

What would you say your average tow speed was? Or what do you cruise at on the black top?

Hi Steve and Kez.

When towing on the blacktop we usually travel about 90-95kph and find that more economical.

On the dirt etc, it varies greatly on the conditions. As you are probably aware conditions can change quickly and hence your speed.

Cheers

Pete

Towing at the same speed as Peter...... I don't know how Peter drives but I have a very steady right foot (drive to economise) I like to play games....see if I can do better than last time (re lph).....but at the same time you wont be stuck behind me saying I wish this bloke ahead would put his foot down.

Towing at the same speed as Peter...... I don't know how Peter drives but I have a very steady right foot (drive to economise) I like to play games....see if I can do better than last time (re lph).....but at the same time you wont be stuck behind me saying I wish this bloke ahead would put his foot down.

Same same

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Our LC200 30th anniversary with 3" lift tows our Keddy with a loaded weight of just a needle under 3tonne at around 20l per 100 kms. Ian works the stats our from our scan gauge and that includes all the stop starts, sitting idling etc. When we are on long runs we can easily do around 17.5. Like Tony, Ian and I have competitions to see which of us can get the lowest fuel consumption for a run. We generally sit between 95 - 100kkph.

Cheers

Sue