Phone service in remote towns.

colnden

The info below may be of help to ppl travelling off the beaten track.

I have copied it from the Explore OZ forum.

For info, we found out something that may be of interest to fellow travellers – don’t always assume that because you may not get mobile reception when you drive into a town that there is no mobile service available. We have found in two towns now (no doubt there are many others) that a local business will provide a very localised service that may have a coverage no bigger than a house block. In Eulo it only worked from the front verandah of the store and would not work even in the car parked in front of the store. In Milparinka it only works at the pub. So it pays to ask around if you are in need of mobile coverage……….

Cheers, Dalb

Thanks Col & Den

this kind of info is valuable as we travel to all points of the country, so thank you for posting it.

It's really surprising where you'll get mobile reception when in remote areas & hopefully more areas will be serviced.

cheers

Sue

Just done the Gibb river where I found by using the 3G areil on my Topender van connected to my samsung S4 I had pretty good coveridge.

Kakadu