Plug up your 'oriffices'

TonyH

Here in the 'Hunter'..... Mud Wasp season has started..... don't know about the rest of Oz!

For the uninitiated it is time to cover all small openings on your van as these wasps will build nests in these openings, blocking & damaging anything they can in order to continue their cycle of life :angry:

Last year I 'lost' my drinking water tank to a wasp nest..... I was filling the tank, it seemed to be taking a long time to fill..... then all of a sudden BANG the tank exploded a frigging wasp had built a nest in the tip of the tank breather pipe, blocking the breather & causing the pressure to build up in the tank.

What Im going to do is cover all three tank vents with a 'wrap' of gaffa tape, this will stop the buggers & when I fill the tanks next the tape will fall away.

I'll also be covering the heater inlet & exhaust along with the waste water outlets :rolleyes:

Bugger...& Bugger to those little buggers too :lol: Thanks for the heads up Tony.

I've seen them flying around near where we're camped up for the night / 's. All they need it wet dirt to make a mess of your "Oriffices"as you say.

So I guess we're not safe whilst on the road either............

cheers

Sue

Hi Tony,

I cut a 3-4 inch square piece of fly gauze and "Bagged" it over the end of the breather and locked it on with a cable tie. I did this 3 years ago and it is still in place today. It saves having to remember to remove the tape.

I also did it to diesel heater and anything else that requires it. I have also removed the fridge vents and all other vents and put the gauze in behind it. It works well and you can't notice it.

Cheers

Steve