off-road caravannig in Australia

roamer

Hi

A Bushtracker guy has started a new facebook group,

would b egreat if some of you Kedron guy would join and add your 2 bobs worth

Its for offroad vanners to, but not brand specific,good way to compare ideas.

/>https://www.facebook.com/groups/offroadcaravan/

Cheers

• Like 1

Wow Tassie,

Your comment has made me so very sad :(

My interpretation of the original post is a gentleman who just happens to be a Bushtracker owner has on his own initiative set up a facebook page for all off road van users to contribute and share experiences and ideas, not make comparisons of brands, what type of van you own appears immaterial to this facebook page.

It may also be an attempt to dilute the fierce rivalry between off road brands.

I had no idea that your thoughts were the ethos of the "Kedron Family" if this is so, I must be adopted, and will hand my membership back immediately and look for a new family.

You ask "Why would we"?

Well I would think there is a wealth of knowledge and experience amongst the members here that could be shared with other less experienced offroad van users. I also know that I for one don't know everything and there is much I could glean from the input and experiences of other offroad users.

Knowledge is power Tassie.

Am I really adopted?

John

• Like 3

Hi Tassie

There are lots of good adventures, places, ideas, and nice like minded people out there,that don't own a Kedron.

that you may like to communicate with and share, maybe even meet some new friends, or find out something you didn't know.

It's a new group and just happens to be started by a BT guy, which at the moment has mostly that brand of owners,

hence why I have posted here to try and gain a broader range of like minded people.

Blinky Bill has got the right idea,

Cheers

• Like 1

Roamer .....thanks for the post....interesting Facebook page

Tassie..... I have to agree with John (Blinky Bill) yes I/we choose a Kedron & me personally am very happy with my choice. I really don't think that it matters all that much what van you have as long as your vertical & breathing enjoying this magical country & life of ours. I can understand your comment, & when you take delivery of your Kedron & really get into the spirit of things.....you should/may mellow out :D

I can see from your posting status that you are a fairly new member (welcome to the group by the way)

• Like 1

Wow, not sure why the attack on Bill, just a polite response would be fine.

I did have a look at the page - seems it's not really offroad but more input from bushtrackers to me. Still, there is some useful snippets.

Anyway, who wants the rivalry to be diluted? It's all part of the fun! :D

Roamer,

Thanks for bringing the Facebook page to my/our attention. I have had a look and asked to join. While it seems to be all Bushtracker members at the moment the content is not brand biased. If it stays that way it will be a useful site.

I am not into brand bashing. While I know that Kedron is the top brand, there are other good vans out there and BT is one of them. The main thing is that we all share a common interest, that is, off-road caravanning, irrespective of your preferred brand.

Regards

Colin

Hi this is Tassie,

I have misinterpreted the post and would like to apologise to anyone that I may have offended with my response.

Due to my mis interpretation my response was inappropriate and on re reading, I have determined that I was out of line.

• Like 3

No problems Tassie, you have nicely clarified your position.

I agree with others on this thread. It would be wonderful if we could all be simply offroad vanners rather than brand-specific. I know in the past there has been rivalry (not created by our brand) but we all know so many friends who travel in the same way we do, off the beaten track and away from the madding crowds, that we should joinn forces where possible.

• Like 1

Hello Koggers,

Yesterday, as a result of this thread started by Roamer, I joined the FB page and made the following post:

Colin Toll

4:38pm Nov 5

I have just joined Off-road caravanning Australia. It was a good idea by Sam to start the FB page. I have owned a Kedron Top Ender for the past five years and really have enjoyed the off-road caravanning. I note that most of the contributors here so far are BT owners but that the content is about caravanning and not brand promoting. That is great!

Mike Willis, the originator of the FB page responded with the following.

Mike Willis

5:01pm Nov 5

G'day Colin. Sam is my son - I asked him to open the new page, add my van photo etc because I am technically useless.

As you said, BT owners are as thick here as fleas on a dog. That is because they all did me a big favour, to get this page up and running.

We all want to hear from a bigger pool of adventurers than just BT owners. Somehow, I have to let the forums of other off-road vans know that the page exists.

I have been able to leave a message on the Spinifex Owners Forum, but if anybody can get one on these following owners forums, it would help us greatly :

Trakmaster

Off Road Australia

Kedron

SLR

Free Spirit

Kimberley Cruiser

There is a heap of adventurous van owners who don't own one of those vans listed above, but they are more dispersed and harder to contact.

The more friends we have, the more interesting discussions we will have.

I hope it all comes together !

Mike

I asked Mike if he would mind if I did a "cut and paste" of his comments onto the KOG site. Mike agreed to my suggestion.

So, Koggers, over to you. Join and enjoy!

Regards

Colin

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I have joined the site and I find refreshing that people of like mind regardless of their choice in Vans, can talk about their experiences and post photos. It's a great site and you may learn a few trick along the way. I highly recommend the site

• Like 1