Fishing at Cowell South Aus

32KEV

Chasing fishing spots or GPS marks for King George whiting, Snapper, Squid and Crabs at Cowell, I will be going there at the end of January 2015 and leaving start of February, staying at harbour view caravan park.

Have not fished the Bay before only outside from Port Gibbon, so any help would be appreciated.

Then I will be going to Battern Point in the Northern Territory, if anyone needs fishing info there I can help.

Cheers 32KEV

• 2 weeks later...

Chasing fishing spots or GPS marks for King George whiting, Snapper, Squid and Crabs at Cowell, I will be going there at the end of January 2015 and leaving start of February, staying at harbour view caravan park.

Have not fished the Bay before only outside from Port Gibbon, so any help would be appreciated.

Then I will be going to Battern Point in the Northern Territory, if anyone needs fishing info there I can help.

Cheers 32KEV

Hi 32KEV,

Trust you enjoy tight lines right through to your departure date in February. We plan to be in that vicinity March/April chasing the same species so if you can pass on experiences it could help us as our research to date hasn't been all that beneficial and there's nothing like getting good first hand feedback.

Have a great trip and enjoy the fishing in NT

Regards,

Brian

Hi Beejay,

I will certainly give you any good spots I find while I am there, when I am about to leave Cowell I will leave info on the forum if you like, do you have a GPS ? that way I can give you coordinates.

Cheers

32Kev and have a good Christmas and New Year.

Hi Nev & Penny,

I will still be there in July so I will put you on the right track then.

If you have not been there before, when you get to King Ash Bay fishing club you can stay at their camp grounds both powered and unpowered sites at reasonable rates and all facilities, or you can drive through the fishing club for a further 6 or so Km to Battern Point.

Camp spots there you have to take pot luck as campers come and go all the time you would be very unlucky not to get a spot and when you arrive make yourself known and other campers usually know who is leaving so you would not have to wait long for a good spot.

If you plan on staying for a while you can get water at King Ash Bay for a minimal amount and also use their facilities I will fill you in when I see you if you decide to stay at Battern Point.

I have a 21ft Kedron ATV and a white Chev Silverado, look forward to having happy hour with you when you arrive.

Cheers

32Kev have a good Christmas and new Year

• 1 month later...

Hi 32 Kev,

After much deliberation we have decided to change our itinerary and will now not be hitting SA until sometime around September so I imagine this will make a difference to fishing scene but we will still spend about 6 weeks there including a lot of fishing.

I do have a GPS but on this trip we won't be taking the tinnie but will still be interested in how you go as we will probably get back down there in the earlier part of the year at some future date. We can always be contacted on our email at briandawnroberts@bigpond.com

Good luck with your trip and fishing adventures and safe travels

Brian