Battery Charge

Ian Yarham

Gidday

we have our March 2013 XC3 under cover and have not used it for about 3 months (after a 40K 9 month jaunt). i noticed the batteries were dropping and have connected to mains power for recharge. After 36 hrs, they have only recharged to about 86%. i would expect them to be fully charged by now.

Is this an indication of almost dead batteries?

Thanks
Ian Yarham

Hi Ian

I'm not sure if you were told this by the factory @ hand over of your new van, but to keep the batteries healthy & living longer, we were advised to connect 240v power to the van every 2 -3 wks whilst in storage in a shed etc.......Some folk leave the power connected 24/7.

There hopefully will be more advise & different opinions regarding this.

cheers

Sue

Hi Ian,

When our van is stored (which is under cover) I connect it to a small 20w solar panel on the roof of the shed and also connect to 240v through a time switch which is programmed to turn on once a week for 2 hours so that the on board charger turns on and does it's stuff if needed. Batteries are now 6 years old and still in good condition.

Cheers

Alan