Dometic Heki 2 Hatch - Internal flyscreen

the crow and i

Hi All

The blackout and flywire screens on my Dometic Heki 2 rooflight after seven (7) years of use were showing signs of wear.

I attempted to purchase the screens only but was advised by the Wholesale RV Equipment Store that I would have to purchase the Dometic Heki 2 - Inner frame, flyscreen & blind in one unit.

Accordingly I purchased a Dometic Heki 2 - Inner frame, flyscreen & blind 08/04/2013 and installed it shortly after purchase.

The unit has only been used on one trip that lasted three (3) months and the fly screen on this unit has split and the blackout blind is showing signs of wear and I am not happy with the possibility I may have to spend another $314.58.

Any suggestions???

Bryan

Bryan,

My first contact would be the the supplier, what are they going to do about it 'failing' & not being suitable.

If it has been installed as per directions/instructions & showing signs of wear already (after little use) I would be jumping up & down, requesting refund or replacement.

Just re read your post I see your purchase was two years ago..... maybe approach in a softly softly manner & see how you go.....please keep us up to speed on your endeavours.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tony

One email to the Wholesale RV Equipment Store they told me to contact Donetic two emails to Dometic no reply.

I dismantled the hatch used the damaged screen as a pattern purchased Bunning’s mini mesh, made a screen and reassembled.

Works better than the original (softer material) I purchased enough mesh to do the door and the total cost $35.00.

Beats the hell out of $314.58

Cheers

Bryan :)

• Like 1