Security Door Handle

Mayzee

Our outside security door handle has finally broken after 6 years. I know this is a common problem and has been discussed before but I need help fitting the replacement. I have the new Camec part but can't work outhow to remove the old one to fit it. I removed the two screws and the bottom of the unit came loose but not the top and I can't see what is holding it. Can someone please help.

Thanks

This advice comes from Val and not me, you understand...

There is a third screw on the inside part of the lock, behind the lock latch. You need to lock the door from inside, and then you can see the screw. Then things should come apart.

When you have the door open and separated, the surface of the lock that closes onto the side of the door jamb has a very small button protruding. If you push this button in you can then lock the mechanism with the door open. Just makes removal of the lock a little bit easier.

Den and Col

There is a thread in the members section on Security Door Handles. It includes the contact details for an aluminium one.

Regards

Colin