Mayzee

Security Door Handle

Our outside security door handle has finally broken after 6 years. I know this is a common problem and has been discussed before but I need help fitting the replacement. I have the new Camec part but can't work outhow to remove the old one to fit it. I removed the two screws and the bottom of the unit came loose but not the top and I can't see what is holding it. Can someone please help.

Thanks

Try sliding the lock to the locked position and that should expose another screw..

Regards Danny

It's a good view as well, certainly helped us before I got the sledge hammer out to change ours over. I think the search was Remove Camec door lock..

Cheers

Merv

This advice comes from Val and not me, you understand...

There is a third screw on the inside part of the lock, behind the lock latch. You need to lock the door from inside, and then you can see the screw. Then things should come apart.

Thanks everyone.

I'm sure it will now be no problem when I get to tackle it again tomorrow.

Safe Travels.

Don't try to do it without separating the screen door. I forgot to do this and it was very tricky getting the whole thing back together! If you do as recommended above and just take out the three screws its easy.

When you have the door open and separated, the surface of the lock that closes onto the side of the door jamb has a very small button protruding. If you push this button in you can then lock the mechanism with the door open. Just makes removal of the lock a little bit easier.

Den and Col

There is a thread in the members section on Security Door Handles. It includes the contact details for an aluminium one.

Regards

Colin