vitrifrego fridge fan

sellinup

The fan in our vitrifrego fridge doesnt work,so contacted a fridge technician in ingham, he came out and suggested to attach another fan to the existing fan, he wasnt sure how to take the existing fan out so suggested to attach a fan to it, I would be grateful if someone could explain how to attach it so I can show him.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

My two bobs worth.....

If you piggy back a new fan on to of the old one...... the old/original fan is going to cause an obstruction greatly reducing the effectiveness of the new fan.

Would suggest you find a tech who knows what he is doing.....

• Like 1

The fan in our vitrifrego fridge doesnt work,so contacted a fridge technician in ingham, he came out and suggested to attach another fan to the existing fan, he wasnt sure how to take the existing fan out so suggested to attach a fan to it, I would be grateful if someone could explain how to attach it so I can show him.

Kerry

Hi Kerry

I had the same problem which was at the same time as my battery problem.

I bought a fan from a Vitrifigo service agent in Fremantle who demonstrated how to remove the fan with great care.

The first difficulty is to get at the 4 screws holding it in place whist the fridge is in place by using a long screw driver from the lefthand side, it is much easier if you pull the fridge from its box.

The great care bit is to very gently bend the thin copper tube at the side of the fan enough to slide the fan out.

I have not done this yet and am not sure I will as simply placing the new fan on the opposite side of the condenser, making sure the direction of flow is into it, solved the fridge running problem.

My freezer box got down to -16.5C set on maximum with an ambient of around 19C but I have no idea what temperature they should get down to.

Cheers

John

We had this problem about 3 years ago. My auto electrician sourced a similar fan and mounted it on the right hand side of the unit isolating the original fan on the left side and using the original wiring for the new fan. Works a treat and the fridge maintains excellent freezing and cooling temps. He was able to pick up fixing points on the unit as well