Water Leak

Ian and Jill Brown

Hi All,

We have a Four Seasons hatch mounted on the front sloping section of our caravan roof (I understand Kedron don't mount them there any more) of our 2007 TE.

Just to the rear of the hatch there is a radio speaker.

On 2 recent occassions, we have had rain water enter thru the speaker. One was whilst we were driving and the other last night in very heavy rain at Port Broughton SA.

There is nothing obvious on the roof, but I seem to recall some issues with sealing the hatch and wonder if the water counter enter there and travel 'uphill' to come through the speaker?

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ian

There was a big problem sealing the newer 4season hatches. A very big problem as nothing would stick to the plastic. Believe thsre is an etch or primer to use now. But that was only forthe four season hatches.

Den and Col

I have the very same problem with my 2007 TE as well.....I took the speaker out and put my hand into the cavity and the water was pooled in there, dried it out and all ok but depending on the angle of the van in heavy rain I suspect it will be back. Wasn't sure if it was the 4 season hatch leaking but I guess it was.:(