Grease Nipples

Wandering Slaters

We currently have a damaged ordinary grease nipple on our 2013 Topender and need advice as to what size etc we may need to purchase a replacement. We have tried Kedron, Vehicle Components without success so now we have sought the info from the experts (KOG).

Anyone who knows my husband knows that this will not end well so best if at least he gets the correct one to start with.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi there.

i presume you are referring to a grease nipple somewhere on the suspension.

If so, carefully remove the same one on the other side, then take it to an auto parts shop and ask if they can match it up. If they can, buy a couple of spares.

Hope this helps.

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Karen,

Ditto to Peters comments, get Paul to grab a small shifter (6") & undo/remove the broken base of the nipple & take to Repco or similar to match, just screw new one in doesnt have to be all that tight...... even a 'bank johnny' (Paul) could do that. 

If the nipple has boken off 'below' the 'hex' you will need to use an 'ezy out' or a left hand fluted twist drill to remove the remaining part, probably something Paul wouldnt have in his bag of tricks & would mean a trip (with the van) to a mechainics shop. should only cost a few dollars OR bring it over here & I'll fix it for you in a flash! LOL

Miss you guys.....travel safe!

• Like 2

Nothing to add to help with grease nipples but I have installed mud flaps directly in front of the suspension to prevent this issue .may helpin the future. Just buy some reasonable mud flap and use cable ties to hold in place

regards

Leon