Good news component supplier not a plug realy:-)

Rod and Mavis

Greetings fellow nomads.
A not a plug yet again for a great component supplier.
Regressing a little, in 2013 on our run towards the Cape we stopped over in the Isa to visit friends that live there. One morning during a walk around of the tug, I noticed that the left hand side was down. A pressure check revealed a flat airbag. Application of the compressor didn't help,so a call to Airbag man to find their agent in the Isa guided us to the ARB agent. A look at the bag revealed a hole in it. A few calls to airbag man by ARB and both bags were changed no charge. Bear in mind the bags were 6 years old, how good is that!

Our latest Airbag experience was just as satisfactory. In February 2015 I fitted bags to our new F truck. From day one I was disappointed with the resultant ride as Airbagman had suggested that they would improve the trucky ride, this never happened. I also had problems achieving the stated height measurement for the bags within the stated maximum pressure. I used to get very close to the measurement but at a very low pressure and max pressure (60psi) made no difference. We have been staying at Lawnton show ground waiting to take the van to the factory for a few mods and a new stove (another story). Crawling under the truck revealed that the bottom brackets on the bag installation were loose and bent.
Called Airbag man and were referred to their approved fitter Auto Giant in Brendale. Tony at Auto Giant (what a legend) did a full assessment of the problem and sent us around the corner to Airbag man for their engineers to have a gander. Many pictures and phone calls later we were sent back to Auto Giant with all new fit kit to re install the bags. I did insist on new bolts and they agreed. The original bags were then installed correctly and must say the difference in ride now is amazing , the ride in very nearly car like,love it and again no charge(lucky them :-))! Yet another satisfied consumer
Rod and Mavis
  • Like 4

Great to hear about a product supplier/distributor standing by their product & not turning their back on you & also thanks to you for spreading the good word........ makes it a little easier for us plebs when we have to make a choice about a similar product or service.

• Like 1