Hello from WA

Hi Guys

we are in the research stage of our next van for the big trip....currently in a wind up Jayco...gotta go......So we need to find a van we can take anywhere and live in, so its brought us here to Kedron we like what we see so far, and the info supplied by kedron  has been great....so onward and upward with the research we will make the right decision in the end.

Dont be shy topender owners give  us your best and worst if you have any.

Regards

Sam & Fee

• Like 3

Hi Sam & Fee,

Welcome to to the KOG site, I hope you will find us, a friendly lighthearted group.

I personally, as many readers of this post hope that you will become a Kedron owner!

When you have have time browse through the MANY threads on this site & get a feel for the group & product !!!!! 

If you have ANY questions .....please ask.:D

It is a big decision, and many hours will be spent deliberating on choices & layouts. 

Being so far from the factory (your in WA) this site can/will.... have/great influence on your overall decision.

Looking forward to seeing & possibly answering any questions you may have!

I would like to think that other WA members will introduce themselves.....you never know they may literally be around the corner from you & be able to assist you in the decision making process!

CU down the road

Tony

• Like 4

Hi Sam and Fee.

Welcome to the forum.  Buying a caravan such as a Kedron can be expensive, so do plenty of 'homework' during your decision making process, including what you are going to tow it with.  Deciding what you want is the hard part, but be prepared to compromise in the not so perfect world of caravans. For example, weight is a big issue, particularly when choosing the model, inclusions and extras. 

As an option, some people purchase a second hand Kedron first, then use it while they make up their mind before getting one built and taking delivery. Bear in mind there is usually about a 12 month wait from placing an order to delivery, so purchasing a good second hand Kedron that you can use straight away may be a good option in the short term.  You might be able to sell it for what you paid for it!!!!!

Many of us are on our second Kedron or more. Each one being the top of the line when we purchased it new, only to find Kedron might bring out new features or inclusions within a few months of delivery. For example, Lithium batteries are now an option, where as they weren't this time last year. Kedron continue to be innovative and they build good caravans.

Finally, scout around the caravan parks etc, if you see someone with a Kedron, go and ask them. Many people have done this to us over the past 12 years or so.

All the best in your decision making.

Peter.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Fee & Sam,

I've just gone through what you are about to. I did my research in 2015 and narrowed it down to 2 manufacturers, Kedron & BushTracker. Both appear to build a great off road Van. I finally chose Kedron and subsequently placed an order in September last year. Kedron being in Qld does make life a little more difficult and involves additional expenditure if you live inter-state. Like you I'm in WA (Scarborough) so flying to Brisbane in March for a factory visit and to finalise spec and interior colours etc. Van is due for delivery September 2016 so intending to drive across and pull it back to Perth. These off road Van's are pricey, but like anything else, you get what you pay for. I can tell you that this forum (and other relevant social forums) are a great source of information and have really helped me (and still are) in my decision making. 

Edited by petdav30
  • Like 4