Lithium Battery

Ian and Jill Brown

Hi Everyone,

I am currently installing 1 x 400 a/hr EV Works lithium battery to replace my 4 x 120 a/hr agms.

I have a PL60 controller and was wondering if anyone has done this upgrade and could confirm the

program 4 settings?

Any help would be most apprecaited.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian.

I would call Plasmatronics and ask them. Just google them for contact details.

We were thinking of doing the same conversion, but decided to wait until our current batteries have had it.  When I contacted Plasmatronics to see if my PL60 was OK to use with Lithiums, they said it was and to use program 0. But I would check with them first to confirm.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Ian 

I am an electrician that has investigated these issues and intend to install Lithium batteries when the agm's I now have reach their use by date. The technicians from Plasmatronics are very helpful you can contact them on phone number 0386690162. I have attached two files that they sent me, have a look but I would suggest that you talk to them as they are the experts.   As far as I know the PL60 is Lithium compatable by using the custom setting program which is  used purely as a voltage limiting device and does not float until the battery is nearly full. Please let me know how you get on as I have installed a PL60 in my van for the same reason that you have one.

Regards Steve

EVpower_LiFePO4,lithium.battery.suggested.settings_V1.10.pdf

LiFeTech.LiFePO4,lithium.battery.suggested.settings_V1.31.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks Peter & Steve,

I should have my battery installation completed on Monday and will 'program' the PL60 then.

I will talk to Plasmatronics, as I understood I would be using a modified program #4.

Once completed and tested over Xmas/New Year, I will report back on our stay in a c'van park from Xmas to New Year.

I intend to not connect to power during this time.

A short test to start with.

Cheers,

Ian