sat phone

ob1

Ob1,

Hi, I have / use a Sat Sleeve in conjunction with my iPhone 6. It use the Thuraya satellite as opposed to the Iridium satellite ( as previously mentioned). For me, it works well, reception does start to drop off if you go below an imaginary line from the Victorian border to Perth......north of that NO dramas at all.

Calls are charged at $1 pm & $15 pm connection fee.

The feature I like most about the Sat Sleeve is that it is Bluetooth compatible...... You turn the sleeve on, place it outside with the antenna up facing the western sky & you can use the phone up to 30 meters away from the 'sleeve'

Service is provided by Pivotel, I have had no dramas with Pivotel or the sat sleeve.

Do you self a favour and have a look at www.pivotel.com.au then click on sat sleeve

• Like 1

Hi ob1, we have used an Inmarsat service for the last 3 years without any problems in Oz and from overseas at very good rates through MGL Sat.  Check them all out and see which is going to suit you best.

cheers Merv